So you’ve chosen to go full carnivore tonight with that amazing steak and chips supper.
Youre going to love it.
But, before you dive in, you may be wondering, “What else should I serve here?”
Should I stick to meat, or are there any non-meat side dishes that will go well with all of this beefiness?
Well, we’re here to inform you that there’s a whole universe of sides waiting for you out there.
And they don’t have to be difficult or time-consuming to prepare!
- What to Serve with Steak and Chips
- What Veg to Serve with Steak and Chips?
- What Sauce to Have with Steak and Chips?
- What Starter Goes with Steak and Chips?
- What to Serve with Steak and Chips (10 Easy Sides)
- What else to have with steak and chips?
- What sides can you have with steak?
- What to have with chips for dinner?
- What vegetables go well with steak?
- What are good sides for a meal?
- What to serve with cold meat and chips?
- What are popular sides?
- What do Italians eat with steak?
- What to serve with expensive steak?
- What to eat when you want potato chips?
What to Serve with Steak and Chips
Youve got a steak and chipsnow what?
Here are 10 side dishes that complement your steak and chips:
1. Roasted carrots
The first side is roasted carrots.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit before beginning.
- Then, take a bunch of carrots and peel away the outer covering before cutting them into little pieces.
- Place the carrots in a baking dish and sprinkle with olive oil. Stir it until the carrots are well coated with oil.
- Then, place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- When they’re done, sprinkle with herb de Provence and serve!
2. Steamed green beans
The best method to keep your green beans’ color, taste, and crunch is to steam them (See also: what to do with canned green beans).
- To begin, bring the beans to a boil in a saucepan of cold water.
- Once they begin to boil, drop the heat slightly so that they continue to boil at a low temperature for another 2-3 minutes. This will ensure that they keep their color and do not go mushy or brown.
- After 2-3 minutes, drain the water and rinse them with cold water to prevent them from cooking any more.
3. Buttered broccoli
- To prepare your broccoli, begin by removing any leaves from the tops of the stalks.
- Then, peel away the stiff outer covering of each broccoli stem.
- After that, cut the florets into little pieces or shred them on a grater!
Before sautéing in butter for around 8 minutes over medium-low heat, the stalks may be chopped into thin sticks or half lengthwise.
4. A leafy green salad with dressing
Because of its freshness, a salad is an excellent accompaniment to steak and chips.
The salad’s tastes may cut through the richness of the steak, making it a welcome addition to the main course.
- To create a salad, carefully wash your greens and spin them in a salad spinner. You want the leaves to be as dry as possible before adding them to the bowl to avoid diluting the dressing.
- Next, add your favorite vegetables, such as cucumbers, tomatoes, or carrots, to your dish.
- Finally, drizzle with dressing and toss everything until equally covered!
Then, while watching TV, listening to music, or reading a book, enjoy your steak and chips.
You can even create this side dish ahead of time; simply keep the dressing and salad separate until ready to serve!
5. Homemade macaroni and cheese
Homemade macaroni and cheese goes well with steak and chips.
You can make this meal in 30 minutes with just five ingredients and feel like a gourmet chef.
- To begin, prepare the macaroni noodles according to package directions (usually 10-12 minutes).
- Meanwhile, grate 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese, 1 cup parmesan cheese, and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the saucepan when it is al dente.
- Melt one stick of butter before adding half a cup of heavy cream.
- Once everything is properly combined, gently add the grated cheeses.
- Finally, season with one teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately for an amazing side dish!
6. Mashed potatoes
Mashed potatoes are a common side dish in the United States, and they go nicely with steak and chips, particularly if the beef has been marinated in Guinness.
Boil peeled potatoes with a sprinkle of garlic powder, then mash them with margarine, sour cream, and salt before topping with shredded cheese.
When cooking mashed potatoes, be cautious not to overcook them, since this might result in a gummy texture.
To prevent this, boil the potatoes until they are barely fork-tender, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
It is critical not to add butter or milk until the potato has cooled, else it will taste greasy (which no one likes).
7. Tomato soup
Another excellent alternative is to offer tomato soup with your dinner.
A common tomato soup variant is to add soy sauce and hot dog bits to canned tomato soup.
You can also add vinegar for a tangy taste.
8. Baked sweet potato fries
Sweet potatoes are high in nutrients and filling, making them ideal for when you want something crisp to chew on while watching the game.
Heres how to make baked sweet potato fries:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- If you have a mandolin, slice the sweet potato into thin strips.
- Toss the strips with olive oil, salt, and pepper (or other spices of choice).
- Bake for 15 minutes after spreading them out on a baking sheet.
- Serve immediately with steak and chips!
9. Roasted root vegetables
While you can’t go wrong with steak and chips, they’re hardly the healthiest option.
Try pairing your steak and chips with roasted root vegetables for a well-rounded supper.
Heres how to make this side dish step-by-step:
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Collect two big carrots, two turnips, two parsnips, and one rutabaga.
- Peel the veggies and cut them into tiny (1-inch) pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the veggies with 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the veggies in the oil and spices until evenly coated.
- Spread the veggies in a single layer on a baking sheet to ensure equal cooking.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.When the veggies are done, you should be able to easily puncture them with a fork!
10. Garlic bread
Some people serve steak and chips with a simple side salad, but if you want something a little more crispy, try this garlic bread dish!
- Start by slicing a loaf of bread into slices.
- Drizzle olive oil over each slice and place on a baking pan.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 10 minutes, between 450 and 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from the oven. To taste, season with garlic salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, and black pepper (add more of these flavors if desired).
- Return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
And youre done!
With your steak and fries, have some garlic bread!
What Veg to Serve with Steak and Chips?
You can never go wrong with steak and chips, but it’s always fun to try something new.
A healthy serving of veggies is a simple way to fill out your dinner and fool your body into thinking you’re eating better than you are.
Here are four veggies that complement steak and chips, and why they do so:
We all know mushrooms are beneficial for you, but not all mushrooms have the same advantages, and there’s no need to limit yourself to just one kind when you can mix them up for optimum enjoyment!
Portobello, Chestnut, and Oyster mushrooms are ideal for this recipe since their meaty textures match your hearty steak well!
2. Brussels sprouts with bacon
Nothing beats bacon when it comes to injecting flavor into veggies!
Roast your sprouts in butter with chopped bacon bits for a wonderful, smokey flavor that complements steak well.
You may also add garlic and chili flakes to kick things up a notch!
3. Asparagus wrapped in parma ham
Cooking asparagus on the grill or in a frying pan until gently browned, then wrapping it with crispy slices of Parma ham, is the ideal way to serve it.
This will enhance its natural sweetness while also adding another layer of flavor.
4. Broccoli and stilton bake
Broccoli is one of the most adaptable veggies, which means you can combine it with a range of other ingredients to make some delicious recipes.
To make a broccoli and stilton bake, blanch broccoli florets for three minutes in boiling water, then drain and place in an oven dish with crumbled stilton cheese.
See Also: 29 Stilton Cheese Recipes I Cant Resist
What Sauce to Have with Steak and Chips?
Look no farther than these three alternatives for a sauce that works well with steak and chips:
The base of this sauce is garlic and olive oil, which goes great with chips but may also be used as a spread on sandwiches.
- In a food processor, combine garlic cloves, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and an egg yolk.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while mixing, then season with salt and pepper to taste!
Parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, and white wine vinegar are used to make this Argentinian sauce.
A squeeze of lemon juice rounds out the taste profile.
- In a mixing dish, combine the white wine vinegar, minced garlic cloves, and red pepper flakes.
- Allow it to settle for approximately five minutes before adding the chopped parsley and cilantro leaves (you can also add dry oregano here).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Because it has a similar taste profile to steak and fries, Barnaise sauce is an excellent accompaniment.
It’s delicious, with powerful smells and fragrances from the herbs and spices, but it doesn’t overpower the beef or potatoes, which are the main attractions.
Barnaise sauce also goes well with lemon or vinegar, both of which are often used to give brightness and acidity to fries.
What Starter Goes with Steak and Chips?
If you’re going to eat steak and chips, it’s crucial to start with something that will help balance out the weight of the meal.
Salads and soups are fantastic ways to start your meal since they are light without being boring.
Salads are sometimes thought of as rabbit food, but if you get creative with your vegetables and dressing, they can make for an entertaining lunch.
We like kale salads with bacon since we love bacon, but you could also opt for spinach with walnuts and goat cheese.
You can’t go wrong with basic tomato basil soup.
It’s a touch thicker than your normal soup, but not enough to make you feel sluggish before the main course.
French onion soup is another tasty choice.Just don’t eat all of the bread or you’ll be too full!
What to Serve with Steak and Chips (10 Easy Sides)
- Roasted carrots
- Steamed green beans
- Buttered broccoli
- A leafy green salad with dressing
- Homemade macaroni and cheese
- Mashed potatoes
- Tomato soup
- Baked sweet potato fries
- Roasted root vegetables
- Garlic bread
- Choose any of the sides from this selection to accompany your steak entrée.
- Prepare the ingredients in the order specified in the recipe.
- Be ready to munch in no time!
What else to have with steak and chips?
Steak and chips complements a range of sides, including fresh salads, roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, and garlic bread. For additional taste, sauces like as chimichurri or horseradish might be used. Also, for added crunch, consider adding a couple pieces of onion rings.
What sides can you have with steak?
The ideal accompaniment to a steak supper.
Sweet potato wedges baked in the oven.
Mashed potatoes with garlic and sour cream.
Salad with Chickpea Wedge from the Mediterranean.
White Cheddar Mac and Cheese on the stovetop.
Coleslaw at its finest.
Gravy with mushrooms.
Baked Brussels Sprouts with Cream.
Smashed potatoes with a crispy coating.
What to have with chips for dinner?
Main meals to accompany chips
Burger with beef.
Fish that has been battered.
Eggs with gammon.
Pie with steak and ale.
Pastries with cheese and onions.
Curry with chicken from China.
What vegetables go well with steak?
Steak Vegetable Side Dishes. The beauty of a steak supper is that nearly any vegetable may be used to fill out the meal. Mushrooms are a natural companion. Leafy greens, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, or a simple salad are all excellent choices.
What are good sides for a meal?
Every wonderful dinner must be accompanied with delectable sides! This is a list of delicious side dishes to prepare for your next family supper.
Green beans, fresh from the garden.
Zucchini and squash sautéed.
Salad with fruits.
Salad from the garden.
Rice that is white.
Corn on the cob from Mexico.
What to serve with cold meat and chips?
Coleslaw, crusty bread, chutney, potato salad.
What are popular sides?
Which side dishes are the most popular?
Brussels sprouts roasted.
Fries with steak.
What do Italians eat with steak?
Tagliata (grilled strip loin cut and served with peppery arugula and lemon) and Bistecca alla Fiorentina (extra thick T-bone cooked over high heat) are two of the most popular methods to prepare a steak.
What to serve with expensive steak?
“Steak goes with everything,” he chuckles.
Gnocchi with truffled mushrooms.
Salad with mixed greens.
Mash from Paris.
Dirty fries sliced by hand and fried three times.
Salad with Rucola.
Salad with Caprese.
Roast pumpkin in burned pine nut butter.
What to eat when you want potato chips?
Chips made with kale. Kale chips are prepared by roasting kale until crispy.
Sliced apples with nut butter. Apple slices with nut butter are a nutritious and filling snack recommended by dietitians.
Zucchini Chips that have been baked.
Chickpeas roasted in a pan.
Banana Chips that have been baked.
Green Bean Chips that have been baked.
Apple Chips that have been baked.
Brussels sprouts roasted.