Indian cuisine has a rich taste with limitless spices and strong tastes coupled with spicy, sweet, smoky, and savory. It’s no surprise that many people like it.
There are several spice elements to pick from, each with its own particular taste, such as cumin, tamarind, pepper, turmeric, and garam masala. As a consequence, when it comes to food and drink pairings, each Indian cuisine is addressed differently.
What should you eat with Indian food? To enjoy Indian cuisine, start with the main course and then match it with veggies, sides, and drinks.
Typical Indian meals include a main course, rice or flatbread, dal, and lentil stew. The main course consists of beef, chicken, fish, or vegetables.
Flatbread, rice, samosas, chutney, a modest salad, and Syrah go well with Indian cuisine.
Tandoori chicken and tikka masala complement salad, dips, green chutney, yogurt, and Riesling well.
Some individuals find the tastes of Indian cuisine to be somewhat overbearing, despite the fact that they are flavorful, rich, and mostly spicy. Depending on the meal, including various veggies or contrasting tastes, such as beverages, into Indian cuisine may go a long way.
So which dishes should be served with Indian food? Well, let’s find out!
- What should I serve with Indian dinner?
- Top 20 Indian dishes
- What flavor goes well with Indian food?
- Eat with Indian Cuisine: Conclusion
- What goes best with Indian food?
- What can I eat with Indian food besides rice?
- What is a good side dish with curry?
- How to eat healthy with Indian food?
- What meat goes with Indian food?
- What helps after eating Indian food?
- Do you have bread or rice with Indian food?
- What is the Indian snack after food?
- What’s the healthiest Indian dish to order?
- What vegetables go best with curry?
What should I serve with Indian dinner?
There are a range of Indian supper alternatives that may be divided throughout the group. While matching, it is critical to recognize the strongest tasting entrée in order to optimize the complex tastes.
These are some typical foods to offer during an Indian meal, in addition to beverages and side dishes:
- Samosas, chicken tikka kebab, and mint cilantro chutney for appetizers
- Shikanji nimbu pani, cider, Riesling, Sauvignon blanc, and Chardonnay are among the beverages available.
- Rajma, palak paneer, and chicken tikka masala for the main course
- Jeera rice and pilaf are two rice dishes.
- Naan and flatbread
- Kheer and gulab jamun for dessert
What do you serve with curry?
Curry, the most popular and adored food, is flavorful, soul-warming, and the ideal evening dinner for any season. So what should go with this bundle of joy?
These are some traditional sides that go with Indian curry:
- Nothing like soaking up a wonderful curry with a soft, delectable flatbread or naan. The bread is either flavored or plain, and it’s a great way to soak up any leftover sauce from various curries.
- Salads: The most popular Indian-style salad eaten with curry is kachumber. It’s made up of cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and red onion, and it’s topped with lemon juice and red pepper flakes, which go well with curries.
- Curry and rice go hand in hand. Rice, like flatbread, may be spiced or eaten plain. Many spicy rice dishes, like as pulav, jeera, chitranna, and ghee, are simple and wonderful to combine with curry.
- Chutney: Chutney is traditionally made from anything, from dahi to coconut dip. They’ve just added tart fruit sauces that go well with curry since the acidity cuts through the fattiness.
- Samosas: A traditional Indian appetizer. Samosas are delicious fried or baked pastries with a stuffing of potatoes, onions, peas, and lentils. If you’re offering a meat-based curry, try vegan or vegetarian samosas.
Top 20 Indian dishes
The mix of heat and sweetness in Indian food is seductive. If you’re seeking for popular Indian cuisine to try other than curry, here are the top twenty delectable Indian dishes to try:
- chingri daab
- roti makki
- ishtu itachi
- the aloo Gobi
- halwa gajar
- chicken in tandoori sauce
- paneer palak
- curry kofta
- Tenga, masor Tenga
- Josh rogan
- little Chokha
- dried bamboo strips with pork
Vegetable Indian side dishes
There are several vegetable side dishes to pick from for individuals who like a variety of vegetables. Due of the heavy use of sauce and spices, it’s also a fantastic way to use up vegetables that have been lying in the fridge for a while.
Before serving, chop up some spinach, cauliflower, asparagus, brussels sprouts, cabbage, and broccoli, then season with spices. These vegetables’ flavor complements the taste of Indian food.
Here are some tasty Indian vegetable side dishes to go with your main course:
- green beans sautéed with coconut
- Spiced potatoes from India
- turmeric-roasted cauliflower
- matar aloo gobi
- bhaji with celeriac
- spinach cream sauce
- roasted cabbage
What flavor goes well with Indian food?
Indian cuisine often includes strong tastes that are sweet, smoky, spicy, and flavorful. These tastes are created from the careful pairing of herbs and spices.
Turmeric, for example, adds a deep earthy taste to Indian dishes. Cardamom, on the other hand, gives the meal a lemony aroma with subtle eucalyptus undertones.
Not to mention the potent black pepper, which gives the meal an additional bite. Don’t forget to garnish the meal with parsley to give it an earthy herbaceous taste.
These are some traditional taste combinations that complement Indian cuisine:
- basmati rice with garam masala, butter, cinnamon, and peas
- chicken with naan and thick cream
- Curry powder, lemon juice, cream, tomato paste, and chicken
- Garam masala + ginger + potatoes + green peas + fennel
- Palak + cottage cheese + cream + garam masala + butter
Eat with Indian Cuisine: Conclusion
Indian food is flavorful and complicated, requiring a variety of spices and a long cooking period. As a result, the cuisine is not something that can be whipped up fast and easily, and food combinations become somewhat difficult.
Search for spices and ingredients that will complement the appropriate veggies, side dishes, entrees, and drinks.
Indian meals often include a main course, rice or flatbread, and naan to dip in the stew or soup. There are meals with different meats such as beef, hog, chicken, and fish or vegetables utilized to compliment the distinctive taste for everyone from vegetarians to meat-lovers.
Indian curry is popular in Southeast Asia and is often served with naan, a side salad, kachumber or cucumber salad, rice pilaf, chutney, and samosas as an appetizer.
Indian meals feature a broad variety of alternatives for making the meal healthful with the proper food and drink combo.
Whether you want to taste classic Indian meals or vegetarian side dishes to go with your favorite entrees, be sure to try the items on our top twenty list for an unrivaled culinary experience.
What goes best with Indian food?
Basmati rice is a kind of rice. Simple aromatic basmati rice is one of the greatest side dishes to Indian meals… Vegetable Pulao. Vegetable Rice Pulao is a simple one-pot recipe that combines rice with a variety of vegetables and is lightly spiced. Jeera (Cumin) Rice. Turmeric Yellow Rice. Lemon Rice. Khichdi. Roti (Chapati)… Paratha.
More to come…
•Jan 5, 2023
What can I eat with Indian food besides rice?
What are the best rice substitutes for curry?
Naan is a kind of bread. While creating a curry, naan flatbread are an absolute essential! Bombay potatoes… Warming spices, fluffy potatoes, and tart onions…
Broccoli rice… Cauliflower rice… Homemade chips…
Spicy roasted cauliflower. Roasted potatoes.
Jan 14, 2023
What is a good side dish with curry?
Unleavened pancake-style roti or chapati bread are also excellent accompaniments to spicy sauces.
Rice. Some people prefer to serve curry with plain rice to avoid drawing attention away from the main event…. Dhal…. Potatoes…. Greens…. Samosas…. Chutney…. Sauces.
How to eat healthy with Indian food?
However, there are ways to eat healthily while still enjoying the flavors that Indian restaurants have to offer.
Choose a Salad Appetizer.
Stick to chicken or seafood.
Avoid fried foods….
Select Tandoori-cooked meats….
Leave out the soup.
Instead of Naan, choose Roti Bread.
Go easy on the rice… Choose anything from the Lunch Menu.
More to come…
What meat goes with Indian food?
The kind of meat used varies by area; goat, chicken, cattle, lamb, fish, or prawns are often used, with eggs and potatoes sometimes included. This traditional main meal is prepared differently in each state of India, with Delhi biryani and Hyderabadi biryani being prominent versions.
What helps after eating Indian food?
What makes you feel better after eating hot food? After eating spicy food, ice cream, milk, cottage cheese, and bread or similar starchy item may help calm your stomach. 3 A modest dose of peppermint oil may help relieve stomach irritation.
Do you have bread or rice with Indian food?
Beef and veggie dishes are generally served with rice or naan flatbreads. You may use the bread to scoop up the curry, tikka masala, or any other stew on your dish. Many foods have a soupy feel, so rip off a piece of bread and dip it in.
What is the Indian snack after food?
Mukhwas is a vibrant South Indian after-meal snack or digestive aid that is often used as a mouth refresher, particularly after meals. It is often comprised of fennel, anise, coconut, coriander, and sesame seeds and almonds.
What’s the healthiest Indian dish to order?
The 8 Healthiest Meals to Order in an Indian Restaurant Roti. This unleavened flatbread (baked without yeast) is created from whole wheat flour and is usually served with various foods.
… 5 Guidelines for a Healthy Breakfast Sandwich…. Chana Masala…. Rajma…. Daal…. Baingan Bharta…. Aloo Gobi…. Raita.
More to come…
•Nov 3, 2021
What vegetables go best with curry?
Onion, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, bell pepper, peas, and chickpeas are among the vegetables.