Salmon patties are a fantastic main meal that is high in omega-3 fatty acids and critical nutrients and may be served as an appetizer, brunch, or supper. The fish cakes are crunchy on the surface, soft on the inside, and flavorful.
Salmon patties are a must-have for seafood and burger fans. The meal is completed with a rendition of the typical burger patties with delectable salmon taste and a side dish.
What should I serve with salmon patties? Salmon patties are often served with a lemondill dipping sauce to brighten each mouthful. There are, however, more than simply sauces that complement this main entree as a complete meal.
Salmon patties may be served with salads, roasted vegetables, coleslaw, fries, spaghetti, baked beans, rice, and toast depending on the day.
Salmon patties are more savory and delectable than crab or regular fish cakes since they are filled with chopped vegetables and high in protein. Nevertheless, refreshing and filling sides might assist to round out the meal.
So we’ve finished making our favorite salmon patties, but what should we serve them with? The following are answers to commonly asked questions regarding what to eat with salmon burgers and patties.
What are salmon patties?
Salmon patties are produced by combining cooked or tinned salmon, diced onion and red bell pepper, breadcrumbs, and an egg to form bite-size patties or salmon burgers.
Depending on the recipe, salmon patties may be sprinkled with panko bread crumbs before frying to make the exterior more crispy and preserve the interior moist and tender.
Salmon cakes are swiftly panfried, and often covered with sauce or garnishes like lemon zest, paprika, roasted garlic, dill, lemon juice, and bell pepper to balance acidic and fishy flavor.
What side goes good with salmon patties?
There are several sides to offer with salmon patties, from appetizer to lunch, including:
- Fresh salad: When picking a salad to eat with salmon, be sure to go for those with vibrant colors, crunchy texture and spiced flavors to hold up to the robust flavors of the dish. Some vegetables to serve with salmon include tomatoes, squash, bell peppers, and broccoli. Besides being delicious, they add savory flavors, tenderness to the dish and complete a wholesome meal. These salads include a variety of lettuces, beans, potato, spinach and fruit.
- Sweet potato fries: Just imagine savory salmon patties with a side of tender and crisp sweet potatoes fries? Intriguing, right? Always pair salmon patties with bright flavors, and sweet potatoes are a perfect complement with garlic aioli, maple mustard, or mayo for an irresistible treat.
- Soft bread roll: What better way to have salmon if not wrapping it in a tender dinner roll? Besides being easy to make, buttery and pillowy buns are delicious and ideal for pairing with salmon.
- Coleslaw: Coleslaws are a classic side for salmon patties to add color with a refreshing and tasty acidity to balance the dish. Coleslaw is the star for an easy-to-make, delicious, rich salmon side that doesn’t overpower the salmon taste!
- Roasted Vegetables: Opt for healthy side dishes such as simple oven roasted vegetables including brussels sprouts, carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, and zucchini.
- Rice: Plain, fried or seasoned rice makes an excellent side to serve with seared salmon cakes. Squeeze fresh lemon juice, olive oil and minced parsley on brown rice so the side accompanies well with the patties.
- Pasta: Whether it is cream, pesto or classic olive oil based pasta, when serving with salmon patties, consider squeezing lemon zest as a garnish to give a refreshing explosion of flavor. A classic pasta that pairs well with salmon patties is penne pasta with alfredo sauce.
What sauce goes with salmon patties?
Fish patties go nicely with creamy sauces with a lemony taste. Garlic sauce, mustard sauce, dill sauce, aioli sauce, tartar sauce, and remoulade sauce are some savory sauces that may be utilized.
Most people like lemon dill aioli on their patties because it gives the salmon a zesty taste.
These are some of the chefs’ favorite sauce combinations for salmon patties:
- mayonnaise + dijon mustard + sriracha + lemon + cocktail sauce
- sour cream + dill + garlic powder + salt
- mayonnaise + sour cream + dijon mustard + chives + dill + hot sauce
- horseradish + pickle juice + mayonnaise + lemon + paprika
- greek yogurt + capers + lemon + black pepper
- ketchup + horseradish + hot sauce + mayonnaise + sweet relish
What vegetable to serve with salmon patties?
Salmon cakes, patties, or burgers may be accompanied with a fresh salad or vegetables that have been steamed, boiled, sautéed, marinated, roasted, or quickly pickled. When served with a salad or sautéed vegetables, including lemon zest or juice into the dressing or sauce removes the fishiness of the patties.
Vegetables that go well with salmon patties include:
- brussels sprouts
- sweet potatoes
- bell peppers
- summer squash
Eat With Salmon Burger: Conclusion
Making salmon cakes and burgers during breakfast or supper is an amazing strategy to satisfy visitors and build a nutritiously full meal. Not only are salmon patties excellent, but also distinctive and can be coupled with nearly anything.
Salmon patties are traditionally served with creamy, lemony, or citrusy sauces. Salads, roasted vegetables, coleslaw, fries, spaghetti, baked beans, rice, and bread are common side dishes in several recipes.
Oversized salmon patties may be served on a burger bun with leafy greens and aioli sauce to elevate the meal to a whole new level.
Consider mixing lemon juice into pasta or rice side dishes to balance the rich and fishy patties without overpowering the taste. Instead of providing fried dishes, roast a variety of veggies on the side for a healthier choice.
Prepare dipping sauces to offer on the side with vegetable sides, rice, pasta, fries, or soft and sweet dinner rolls. Salmon patties may be paired with sweet, salty, sour, spicy, savory, or herb-flavored sauces that complement the overall flavor profile.