Hummus is a creamy spread or dip with a rich and creamy texture and umami taste. This nutty and earthy dip made from pureed chickpeas is difficult to resist.
When people think about hummus, the first thing that springs to mind is pita bread or chips. But that’s not the only thing you can do with this Middle Eastern-inspired creamy spread or paste.
What foods go well with hummus? Hummus pairs nicely with crackers, crudités, tortilla chips, in sandwiches in place of mayo or butter, as salad dressing, in tacos, pizza, or wraps. Instead of mayo and dijon mustard, combine with mashed potatoes, soups, scrambled eggs or tofu, and deviled eggs.
Instead of a fast snack, hummus may be used to marinade a piece of chicken or fish in order to improve the taste of the meat when baked. Replace dairy products in dishes like risotto or creamy spaghetti.
Replace the oil or vegetable shortening in brownie recipes with hummus for a terrific texture, moisture retention, and fiber boost.
Chickpeas are the primary component in hummus. Traditionally, this dip is eaten with pita bread and other side dishes such as grilled meat.
Several combinations have emerged as a result of its creamy, delicate taste and texture. The often asked questions regarding highly innovative ways to mix hummus with other dishes are answered here.
- What to dip in hummus?
- What flavors go well with hummus?
- Eat With Hummus: Conclusion
- What is the best healthy snack with hummus?
- What chips do you eat with hummus?
- What to dip in hummus for snack?
- What is good to dip in hummus?
- Is hummus a snack or meal?
- How healthy is hummus as a snack?
- Can you eat Doritos with hummus?
- What can I put on plain hummus?
- Is hummus a healthy snack for weight loss?
- How to serve hummus fancy?
What to dip in hummus?
Hummus makes an excellent dipping sauce for pita chips and vegetables. It’s a satisfying and healthful lunchtime snack or post-workout snack.
Here are some unique ways to serve hummus as a dip if you’re searching for something different to dip in it:
- Pretzels: Regular pretzels are the go-to. Choose thin pretzels or pretzel sticks. Depending on the hummus, you may experiment with flavored pretzels.
- Chips: Although potato chips are excellent with hummus, consider something more substantial, such as black bean chips. Use a pure or simple sea salt taste that does not overshadow the hummus flavor.
- Stone fruit: I’m sure you’ve never had freshly cut fruit dipped in hummus, but it’s quite tasty. Green or red apple slices are the best.
- Crackers: Whole wheat grain crackers with sesame seeds on top provide an earthy and nutty taste that works well as a substitute for pita chips.
- Put a hard cheese directly into the hummus or stack on crackers, then dunk both in the hummus simultaneously. Trust us when we say that cheddar cheese is a fantastic option.
- Rice cakes: Crisp and airy, rice cakes are a great light snack to serve with hummus instead of pita bread. Choose plain rice cakes and smaller bite-size rice cakes, and experiment with different hummus flavors.
- Bread: When serving curry-flavored spicy hummus, serve with hot naan bread.
- Tortilla chips: Tortilla chips are useful for more than just guacamole and salsa. Instead of pita chips, they form a healthful crunchy snack to dip in hummus.
Vegetables to dip in hummus?
Hummus and vegetables are a combination made in heaven. Always chop the vegetables into separate portions before serving for dipping.
Vegetables that go well with hummus include:
- tomato grapes
- red bell peppers
- peas in a snap
What to eat with hummus besides pita?
Pita chips that are crisp and scoopable are a fantastic snack to mix with hummus. They are healthier than other chips and may be made using leftover pita bread.
If you’re searching for a crunchy snack that resembles pita chips, here are some more options to try with hummus than pita:
- chicken and fish
- stew or soup
- the deviled egg
- eggs scrambled
- potatoes mashed
What flavors go well with hummus?
A touch of salt helps to bring the flavors of hummus together, while a squeeze of fresh lemon provides zest and brightness.
Add additional tahini, pepper, and mint for added heat and minty taste for an unique nutty flavor.
Don’t forget to add a dash of paprika and cumin for some sweet flavor, and finish with Greek yogurt for more tang and creaminess.
These are some traditional taste combinations that complement hummus:
- Hummus, avocado, cumin, and coriander
- Hummus with sweet potatoes, adobo sauce, and coriander
- Hummus, black beans, garlic, cayenne pepper, and lime juice
- Hummus with roasted red pepper, smoked paprika, and salt
- Hummus with jalapeo and cilantro
Eat With Hummus: Conclusion
Without a question, the king of all dips is hummus. It’s tasty, creamy, substantial, and adaptable enough to serve as a snack or a dinner.
Hummus may be found in anything from sandwiches to veggies and soups. Vegans notably like hummus as a dairy-free alternative to make their foods creamy while remaining protein-rich on sandwiches, wraps, risottos, and pasta dishes.
Hummus is traditionally served with pita chips and fresh vegetable platters, but it may also be served with crackers, tortilla chips, pretzels, potato chips, cheese, rice cakes, naan bread, and apple slices.
A teaspoon of hummus in a sandwich, salad dressing, tacos, pizza, wraps, toast, brownies, egg dish, brownies, and mashed potatoes gives the meal a superb taste and creaminess. In addition to the fiber and nutritious value.
Instead of pita chips, try a crudits with pieces of celery, baby carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, radish, and snap peas to savor the fresh flavor of hummus.
Hummus may be served in a variety of ways. Get the spread and experiment with all of the above methods to discover your favorite meals to combine with hummus!
What is the best healthy snack with hummus?
THE TOP TEN HEALTHY HUMMUS SNACKS
Pesto…. Nutrient Bowls…. Warm Pita…. Savory Oats…. Dehydrated Sweet Potato or Eggplant Toast…. Chocolate Flavors as a Nutella Substitute…. Sriracha Substitute…. Exciting Alternative to Conventional Guacamole. Try adding SPICY AVOCADO hummus to your guacamole to spice it up and add protein!
More to come…
What chips do you eat with hummus?
Pita Chips: These are our favorite dip vehicles. They’re the ideal balance of savory taste and chip crunch.
What to dip in hummus for snack?
What to Serve with Hummus
Chips made from pita bread.
Pretzels on sticks.
Peas, sugar snap.
Cucumber, cut into slices.
Carrots, either baby carrots or sliced carrots.
More to come…
•Jan 1, 2022
What is good to dip in hummus?
These are some of our favorite hummus-dipped vegetables!
Carrots (carrot sticks, rainbow carrots, baby carrots) (carrot sticks, rainbow carrots, baby carrots)
Peas, sugar snap.
Thinly sliced celery—the thinner, the better!
Bell Pepper Slices (we love red bell peppers, but yellow or orange are also delicious)….
Tomatoes, either cherry or grape.
Additional details…•January 10, 2020
Is hummus a snack or meal?
Hummus is a popular plant-based snack or meal component. It may be used as a spread or condiment on sandwiches, pita, and crackers, or as a dip with veggies or other crudités, pretzels, and pita chips, to mention a few.
How healthy is hummus as a snack?
“Hummus is a wonderfully nutritious snack that combines a trinity of protein, fiber, and good fats,” explains R.D.N. Sharon Palmer. According to a 2016 research, those who eat hummus on a daily basis consume more fiber as well as a variety of minerals such as folate, magnesium, potassium, iron, and vitamins A, E, and C.
Can you eat Doritos with hummus?
The spicy chips were a nice contrast to the chilled hummus. I had to fight the want to sit down and eat the whole thing. I suggest pairing this with a spicy chip. It’ll be fantastic, I promise.
What can I put on plain hummus?
Excellent garnishes. Another wonderful approach to boost the taste of your hummus is to add fresh chopped green onions, chives, parsley, rosemary, or dill. Just add the herb of your choice (or a combination! ), drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt.
Is hummus a healthy snack for weight loss?
Hummus is high in fiber and protein, which may aid with weight reduction. According to surveys, those who eat chickpeas or hummus on a daily basis are less likely to be obese, have a lower BMI, and a smaller waist circumference.
How to serve hummus fancy?
Dukkah + Olive Oil + Fresh Parsley
After scooping the hummus into a serving dish, swirl it with the back of a spoon, then drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with dukkah (or za’atar), and garnish with chopped fresh parsley (or any fresh herb).