If you have a taste for filthy rice and ground beef, it is not enough to just go out and buy the ingredients.
You must ensure that you have all of the necessary sides to finish the experience.
There are many side dishes that may fill in the gaps in terms of nutrition and taste, and here are 15 suggestions to get you started!
- What Goes with Dirty Rice and Ground Beef?
- 1. Baked beans
- 2. Cornbread
- 3. Mac n Cheese
- 4. Sweet potato casserole
- 5. Green Beans with Bacon (or Fried Okra)
- 6. Broccoli with Cheese Sauce
- 7. Green Salad (with Garlic Bread)
- 8. Fried plantains
- 9. Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
- 10. Roasted Brussels sprouts
- 11. Roasted asparagus spears
- 12. Roasted carrots
- 13. Coleslaw
- 14. Potato Salad
- 15. French Fries
- 15 Sides for Dirty Rice and Ground Beef
- What side dish goes well with dirty rice?
- What side dish goes with beef and rice?
- What vegetables go well with dirty rice?
- What to have with Cajun dirty rice?
- What pairs nicely with rice?
- What is the food eaten with rice?
- What is the most common side dish?
- What are examples of side dishes?
- What is the best side dish?
- Why do they call dirty rice dirty?
What Goes with Dirty Rice and Ground Beef?
If you’re searching for a side dish to pair with filthy rice and ground beef, consider collard greens, mashed potatoes, fried okra, macaroni salad, and cornbread.
Dirty rice with ground beef is a fantastic dinner, but it need some assistance from the side dish to reach its full potential.
And, if you’re anything like me, you’re not satisfied with breadsticks or a salad.
No, I want a side that will make this dinner not just more tasty, but also more fascinating.
1. Baked beans
The most obvious answer is baked beans.
This popular side dish recalls dirty rice’s earthy aromas while giving a gentle counterpoint to dirty rice’s crunchy, pan-fried top.
Furthermore, the increased protein in baked beans may help make your meal more satisfying without significantly boosting your calorie consumption.
Consider cornbread if you want to try something new.
This fluffy, buttery side dish may provide a sweet touch to your supper while also delivering additional carbs and carbohydrates to keep you full for longer.
3. Mac n Cheese
This ones a no-brainer.
You may follow your mother’s or grandmother’s recipe, or you can experiment with other cheeses (try gruyere or gorgonzola!) or by adding some delectable vegetables.
Whatever you do, do not omit this crucial step: Allow the mac to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
This prevents the cheese sauce from running all over the plate as you scoop up the noodles!
4. Sweet potato casserole
We understand what you’re thinking.Although sweet potato casserole is more of a dessert than a side dish, bear with us:
Sweet potatoes, marshmallows, pecans, and brown sugar combine to form an appealing accompaniment to filthy rice and ground meat.
Make it with cinnamon sprinkled on top, then finish it in the oven at 350 degrees until bubbling!
5. Green Beans with Bacon (or Fried Okra)
You can’t go wrong with any choice for this traditional side dish.
If you like green beans, which are more traditional, be sure to get enough of bacon.
Try fried okra if you want to try something fresh and unusual, yet still traditional Southern cooking.
Just make sure your oil is heated before adding the okra, otherwise they will get mushy and disgusting!
6. Broccoli with Cheese Sauce
Another side dish that pairs nicely with filthy rice and ground beef is broccoli with cheese sauce.
This one is all about taste.The cheese sauce complements the rice and meat well, and the broccoli has a distinct taste that makes it delicious on its own.
7. Green Salad (with Garlic Bread)
Green salad is the ideal accompaniment to your dinner.
The smoothness of the lettuce will balance out the texture of your filthy rice and ground beef, while the dressing will bring a new level of taste that you will enjoy.
With some garlic bread on the side, you’ve got a full supper that’s guaranteed to fill you up!
8. Fried plantains
Plantains are like bananas starchy cousins.
Because of this, they have a similar taste to bananas, but they are not as sweet, making them an excellent addition to savory main meals like dirty rice and ground beef.
You can find plantains at many grocery stores.
- Cut off both ends and then slice the skin lengthwise to remove it in strips to prepare it for cooking.
- Then, cut the plantains into 1-inch diagonal slices and cook them in vegetable oil until golden brown on both sides (approximately three minutes each side).
- Sprinkle with salt and serve hot!
9. Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
What could be cozier than mashed potatoes?
If you’re short on time, you may purchase quick mashed potato flakes and combine them according to the package directions.
cream) in place of mashed cauliflowerIt provides nutrition while maintaining the super-creamy texture.To make it healthy, replace part of the water (or milk) with almond milk.
Don’t forget to finish it off with some gravy!
10. Roasted Brussels sprouts
So easy to make!
- Simply snip the ends off your sprouts, then split or quarter them lengthwise, depending on their size.
- Toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste, then lay them out on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes at 400°F.
- If you want to go fancy, add some chopped garlic or sprinkle with balsamic vinegar halfway through the cooking process.
11. Roasted asparagus spears
Not only is asparagus easy to roast, but it can also provide a gourmet touch to any meal.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit for the roasted asparagus spears.
- Rinse and rinse your asparagus before cutting off any woody ends (the bottom sections).
- Put the asparagus in a baking dish with a half-inch of water in the bottom.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then roast for 12 minutes (or until the stalks begin to turn golden brown).
12. Roasted carrots
If you have a little more time and are ready to make a dressing to sprinkle over your roasted carrots before serving, these little fellas will steal the show.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit for the roasted carrots.
- Peel and mix six carrots in a dish with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste (and possibly add dried herbs such as rosemary or thyme).
- Place the carrots on a baking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes (turning once halfway through), or until soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Coleslaw is often served with dirty rice on top of ground meat, making it an excellent option for a traditional side dish.
However, if you’re looking for something a little more daring, coleslaw might be a terrific basis to really spice things up.
Try adding raisins or slivered almonds to your coleslaw, or prepare an Asian-inspired dressing with soy sauce, sesame oil, and lemon juice for an unexpected kick.
Going for a sweet dish?
As a substitute for cabbage and carrots, try pineapple.It will bring out the sweetness in your filthy rice and ground beef main dish, plus it’s always entertaining to observe people’s reactions when they discover they’re eating pineapple salad!
14. Potato Salad
Potato salad is an excellent accompaniment to filthy rice and ground meat.
The potatoes are the key to a successful dish.
Choose one with a waxy feel; it will hold up well when cooked.
Then cut them into little cubes and combine them with mayonnaise, dijon mustard, celery, eggs, pickles, and sweet onions in a mixing dish!
15. French Fries
If you’re in a rush, it may seem that buying a bag of frozen fries and throwing them in the oven is the best option.
However, if you have the time to do it correctly, you must get the proper kind of oil.
I like canola oil, but any sort would do in a pinch.
- Then, preheat the oven to 375°F and place the fries in an oven-safe baking dish with the oil and a pinch of salt.
- Place your hands on each side of the dish and move it back and forth over your head, chanting oh yes oh yes until it feels perfect (you’ll know when it’s correct).
- Increase the heat until it reaches the desired temperature.Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until crisp on top, at a temperature that is neither too hot nor too cold.
- If your oven has hot areas, be sure you rotate it on a regular basis!
15 Sides for Dirty Rice and Ground Beef
- Baked beans
- Mac n Cheese
- Sweet potato casserole
- Green beans with bacon (or fried okra)
- Broccoli with cheese sauce
- Green salad (with garlic bread)
- Fried plantains
- Mashed potatoes with gravy
- Roasted Brussels sprouts
- Roasted asparagus spears
- Roasted carrots
- Potato Salad
- French Fries
- Choose your favorite side dish from this selection to accompany your dinner.
- Prepare the ingredients in the order specified in the recipe.
- Be ready to eat in no time!
48 Best Ground Beef Crock Pot Recipes
9 Easy Ground Beef Recipes with Biscuits
33 Slow Cooker Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
16 Diabetic Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes
17 Slow Cooker Ground Beef and Noodle Recipes
31 Best Slow Cooker Recipes with Bacon
17 Easy Ground Beef and Bacon Recipes
21 Slow Cooker Ground Beef and Potato Recipes
What kind of meat goes well with hash brown casserole? The 13 Best Meats
16 Easy Slow Cooker Ground Beef and Rice Recipes
What side dish goes well with dirty rice?
What To Serve With Dirty Rice: 10 Delicious Sides!
Coleslaw. Coleslaw is colorful, crisp, and really simple to prepare.
Bread made with corn.
Salad with okra in the summer.
Puppies, please be quiet.
Crackers with refried beans.
Corn on the cob from Mexico.
Salad with broccoli.
Fries made with sweet potatoes.
What side dish goes with beef and rice?
Carrots. What exactly is this? These Honey Glazed Carrots are a delightful family-friendly side dish that works well with everything, but particularly with beef tips and rice.
What vegetables go well with dirty rice?
Salad with Simple Greens
This spinach salad from Simple Green Mom works with almost anything. It goes well with your main course of filthy rice. The sweet strawberry flavor pairs well with the green onions, green pepper, and creole spices in the filthy rice.
What to have with Cajun dirty rice?
Serve the filthy rice (also known as Cajun rice) with additional spicy sauce on the side, as well as a fresh green salad, collard greens, or mustard coleslaw.
What pairs nicely with rice?
Salmon, chicken, steak, chili, and breakfast meats all go well with steamed rice. We also prepare it for many types of sushi! We’ve compiled a list of 21 of our favorite rice recipes so you know precisely what to prepare with white rice for your next dinner.
What is the food eaten with rice?
To prepare balanced and healthful recipes, offer white rice with peas and beans or lean cuts of meat, fish, and vegetables. It’s also great in one-pot dishes like pelau and sambar rice, as well as rice bowls and stuffed bell peppers.
What is the most common side dish?
Which side dishes are the most popular?
Brussels sprouts roasted.
Fries with steak.
What are examples of side dishes?
Asparagus is a typical vegetable used as a side dish.
Beans that have been baked.
Dinner rolls or different types of bread.
What is the best side dish?
Smashed potatoes with garlic and herb butter.
Tahini dressing on rainbow slaw.
Salad with Asian soft noodle cabbage.
Cornbread with jalapeos.
Salad with Asian chicken.
Roasted parsnips with caramelized sugar.
Why do they call dirty rice dirty?
Dirty Rice gets its name from the fact that the rice becomes a “dirty” brown hue when cooking with the chopped meats and seasonings. Dirty Rice is also known as “Cajun Rice” or “Rice Dressing,” although they are all variants on the same rice meal (they may use various kinds of meat or add more or less vegetables or spices).