Do you still have those leftover biscuits?
We have a few suggestions on how to use them up and make breakfast even more delightful than it already is.
There are several ways to use up leftover biscuits for breakfast, whether they are from yesterday night’s supper or from the freezer.
So, how do you eat leftover biscuits for breakfast?
Leftover biscuits may be used in a number of dishes. One of the most common uses for them is to create a fried egg sandwich. Simply split each biscuit in half, cook for approximately 2 minutes in high oil, then top with a fried egg and some shredded cheese. It’s a quick method to prepare breakfast on the run.
Still looking for ideas?
Then keep scrolling!
- What to Do with Leftover Biscuits for Breakfast
- 1. Make a Breakfast Burrito
- 2. Make Biscuit Waffles
- 3. Make Biscuit Doughnuts
- 4. Use Them to Make Mini Quiches or Frittatas
- 5. Make a Breakfast Sandwich with Them
- 6. Use Them as A Base for Breakfast Casseroles or Crockpot Meals
- 7. Make Biscuits-And-Gravy
- 8. Make a Breakfast Biscuit Pizza
- 9. Slice Them Into Cubes and Toss Them Into Soups
- 10. Make Bread Pudding with Them
- 11. Use Them as Breading for Fried Chicken or Fish
- 12. Sprinkle Some Sugar (and More?) Overtop of Them
- 13. Use Them in Place of Crackers when Making a Dip
- 14. Make a Breakfast Omelet with Your Leftover Biscuits
- 15. Make Breakfast Mini-Pizzas
- 16. Top Them with Chili
- 17. Use Them as Breadcrumbs in A Meatloaf Recipe
- 18. Use Them as A Crouton Alternative for Salads and Soups
- 19. Make Biscuit Scones
- What to Do with Leftover Biscuits for Breakfast (19 Ideas)
- What can be made from leftover biscuits?
- Where do you put leftover biscuits?
- What can I do with unused canned biscuits?
- What to serve with biscuits for breakfast?
- What is the leftover biscuit called?
- Are biscuits good leftover?
- Can you freeze leftover biscuits?
- Can you save half a can of biscuits?
- How do you make leftover biscuits crispy again?
- How long do canned biscuits last in the fridge?
What to Do with Leftover Biscuits for Breakfast
In any case, we all know that leftover biscuits are a gift, and they don’t have to be limited to dessert!
They can be used in all kinds of creative ways
Here are 19ideas to get you started:
1. Make a Breakfast Burrito
One of our favorite aspects about breakfast burritos is how simple it is to personalize them based on your mood and the ingredients you have on hand.
Warm up some leftover biscuits in the microwave or oven (we recommend smearing them first with melted butter), then fill your tortilla with whichever mix of: eggs, sausage or bacon, cheese (or both! ), vegetables like spinach or avocado slices, salsawhatever tickles your fancy!
2. Make Biscuit Waffles
Who doesnt love waffles?
They’re crispy on the exterior and soft on the inside, making them ideal for almost any morning dish (or even dessert).
Add some eggs and sausage before frying them in your waffle iron if you want to add some protein to your meal!
3. Make Biscuit Doughnuts
These little doughnuts are made using leftover biscuits and are really simple to prepare!
Simply shape some biscuit dough into balls and cook them in oil until golden brown on both sides.
Top with frosting (or not) and devour while they’re still warm!
Theyre amazing with coffee or tea in the morning!
4. Use Them to Make Mini Quiches or Frittatas
Making quiches or frittatas with leftover biscuits is an easy way to use them up!
Simply prepare some eggs and chop up some vegetables, then arrange them in a muffin tray with the biscuit pieces and bake till done.
You’ve made a tasty breakfast that’s light on the money and even easier on the stomach.
5. Make a Breakfast Sandwich with Them
- Make a breakfast sandwich out of leftover biscuits from the night before!
- Simply butter one side of each biscuit and cook it on a griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted and started to bubble, turn the biscuit over and cook for another 2 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Take the pan from the heat and set it on a plate or chopping board.
- Top with your favorite breakfast meats (bacon, sausage) or cheese (cheddar), then add another biscuit on top, butter side up, and gently push down so it stays together.
Repeat until all biscuits are used up!
6. Use Them as A Base for Breakfast Casseroles or Crockpot Meals
Making a breakfast casserole or crockpot dish with leftover biscuits is another fantastic way to use them up!
You may prepare a variety of breakfast casseroles using biscuits and cheese, or try this simple crockpot recipe:
- 2 tsp pepper and combine in a mixing basin.2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 1 cup chopped red bell pepper, 1 cup diced onion, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper
- Then, place 8 biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Spread the mixture on top of each biscuit, then top with another.
- Bake again until golden brown (about 10 minutes).
7. Make Biscuits-And-Gravy
Another simple use for leftover biscuits is to make gravy.
Simply tear the biscuit into little pieces and serve with your favorite homemade or canned gravy (or even a good-quality store-bought gravy).
If you want to make it more substantial, add some sausage or bacon.
8. Make a Breakfast Biscuit Pizza
This one is a classic,but its still delicious!
Make a morning pizza out of leftover biscuits by topping them with eggs, bacon, cheese, and any other toppings you choose!
This is also a terrific way to use up any leftover turkey from Thanksgiving!
9. Slice Them Into Cubes and Toss Them Into Soups
If you have a few leftover biscuits and a pot of soup cooking, this is a simple way to transform them into something fresh.
Toss in the cubed pieces at the end (or while they’re still hot) and allow them soak up some of the flavor.
It’s a great method to use if your leftover biscuits are going a bit stale; the heat will soften them up and give them that lovely chewiness that biscuits need!
10. Make Bread Pudding with Them
This one is easy!
- Simply whisk up some eggs, milk, and sugar, add anything else appeals to you (such as raisins or chocolate chips), and crumble in some biscuits.
- Bake it in a dish until the top is golden brown, then serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Try adding dried fruit like cranberries or apricots, as well as spices like cinnamon or nutmeg, for an extra unique touch!
11. Use Them as Breading for Fried Chicken or Fish
A excellent biscuit’s flaky texture is ideal for breading fried chicken or fish.
Simply dip your leftover biscuits in an egg wash and then dredge them in seasoned flour before frying them to produce crispy, golden-brown breading for your protein of choice.
12. Sprinkle Some Sugar (and More?) Overtop of Them
If you want something sweet, dust your remaining biscuits with sugar, cinnamon, or sprinkles.
You may also make some Nutella or butter and put it on top of your biscuit before sprinkling sugar on top.
13. Use Them in Place of Crackers when Making a Dip
Because it is so easy, this is one of our favorite ways to use up leftover biscuits!
Simply put your favorite dip recipe onto a dish or tray, then crumble the biscuits on top.
The crumbs will soak up all of the additional sauce and provide an extra-crispy coating on top, making it ideal for dipping!
14. Make a Breakfast Omelet with Your Leftover Biscuits
Biscuits make an excellent base for omelets.
Heres how to make it:
- Cook onion in butter or oil in a large pan over medium heat until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Cook until the bell pepper is softened, approximately 5 minutes longer.
- Cook until the chopped ham (or shredded cooked chicken) is heated thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste after folding in the eggs.
- When the egg mixture is nearly set, add the biscuit pieces and gently fold them into the omelet mixture until equally distributed.
- Turn off the heat and cover the omelet pan with a lid; set aside for 5 minutes before serving to allow the biscuit pieces to absorb all of the delicious flavors from the eggs!
15. Make Breakfast Mini-Pizzas
Cut a leftover biscuit in half and top each half with scrambled eggs, bacon crumbles, cheese, and any other favorite pizza toppings you have on hand for a simple breakfast.
Then bake till golden brown and serve warm with fruit or veggies on the side.
16. Top Them with Chili
If you like chili and biscuits, this is a great way to use up any leftovers.
For a quick breakfast or lunch, top each biscuit with chili, cheese, and sour cream.
17. Use Them as Breadcrumbs in A Meatloaf Recipe
Cut the meat into 2-inch pieces and cook until golden brown before adding them to the meatloaf mix (or any other meatloaf recipe).Cut your biscuits into 1 inch pieces.
Breadcrumbs will never be the same again!
18. Use Them as A Crouton Alternative for Salads and Soups
If you want an alternative to croutons that doesn’t need cooking (or even turning on an oven! ), consider using biscuits instead!
Simply cut them into little pieces and toss them into your salad or soup dish before serving.
19. Make Biscuit Scones
Bake your remaining biscuits in thin slices with some butter on top till golden brown.
For a quick morning treat, serve them warm with honey or jam on top.
How to Use Leftover Boiled Potatoes (14 Recipes)
34 Ingenious Ways to Use Leftover Meat Sauce
How to Use Leftover Apple Pie Filling (31 Recipes)
15 Leftover Boiled Cabbage Recipes
What to Do with Leftover Potato Salad (25 Ideas)
Ideas for Using Leftover Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs
How to Use Leftover Stuffed Pepper Filling (22 Recipes)
13 Recipes for Using Up Leftover Alfredo Sauce
37 Quick and Easy Recipes with Leftover Broccoli
What to Do with Leftover Biscuits for Breakfast (19 Ideas)
- Make a Breakfast Burrito
- Make Biscuit Waffles
- Make Biscuit Doughnuts
- Use Them to Make Mini Quiches or Frittatas
- Make a Breakfast Sandwich with Them
- Use them as a foundation for breakfast casseroles or slow cooker meals.
- Make Biscuits-And-Gravy
- Make a Breakfast Biscuit Pizza
- Slice Them Into Cubes and Toss Them Into Soups
- Make Bread Pudding with Them
- Use Them as Breading for Fried Chicken or Fish
- Sprinkle Some Sugar (and More?) Overtop of Them
- Use Them in Place of Crackers when Making a Dip
- With the leftover biscuits, make a breakfast omelet.
- Make Breakfast Mini-Pizzas
- Top Them with Chili
- Use Them as Breadcrumbs in A Meatloaf Recipe
- Use them as a crouton substitute in salads and soups.
- Make Biscuit Scones
- Choose your favorite dish from this selection to make use of your Biscuits for breakfast.
- Prepare the rest of your tasty meal.
- Be ready to munch in no time!
What can be made from leftover biscuits?
7 Ways to Use Up Leftover Biscuits
Bread Pudding with Biscuits. Leftover buttermilk biscuits are the rich, surprising component that adds a twist to bread pudding when soaked in custard and combined with your choice of sweet or savory toppings.
Topping for the Casserole.
Where do you put leftover biscuits?
How to Store Biscuits Correctly
Freshly cooked biscuits may be stored at room temperature for 1 or 2 days. To keep them from drying out, place them in a plastic bag and cover with foil or cling film. If you put them in the fridge, they will keep for approximately a week if properly kept.
What can I do with unused canned biscuits?
While canned biscuits may keep in the fridge for a few weeks beyond the expiration date, freezing them may be a smart way to keep them fresh. Don’t be concerned. As long as you intend to consume all of the biscuits immediately after opening, you may put the whole tube in the freezer.
What to serve with biscuits for breakfast?
What foods go nicely with biscuits?
Jellies and jams.
In whatever shape or form, eggs.
Bacon or sausage?
Brown potatoes are used.
Sweet potatoes that have been cooked.
What is the leftover biscuit called?
When there wasn’t enough dough to produce a round cookie like the other ones, the flumlolly was created. The gathered up edges, for example.
Are biscuits good leftover?
If you keep your biscuits in the pantry, they will last 2 to 4 days. If you need to keep them for an extended period of time, the fridge may be a better alternative. They will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Can you freeze leftover biscuits?
The majority of biscuits freeze nicely. Use the following guidelines to help you: Cool cooked biscuits, scones, and shortcakes completely on a wire rack before packing and freezing. Wrap securely in heavy duty aluminum foil or freezer wrap, or put in freezer bags, to maintain the taste and keep the baked goods from drying out.
Can you save half a can of biscuits?
Open the container, separate the uncooked biscuits, and place them on a baking sheet (avoid touching them or they will cling together) to freeze. Transfer the frozen biscuits to airtight freezer bags and place them in the freezer.
How do you make leftover biscuits crispy again?
“Pull the biscuits out and peel back the foil to expose the tops.” Return to the oven for four to six minutes more to crisp the outside.” But her preferred way is considerably simpler. “Simply halved, toasted in the toaster, and slathered with my favorite butter and jam,” she explains.
How long do canned biscuits last in the fridge?
Pillsbury biscuits  can last several days when stored at room temperature. When kept in the refrigerator, the biscuits may last up to four weeks.