When serving chicken marsala, don’t forget the salad!
Here are a few of our favorite ways to serve chicken marsala with salad.
- 22 Salads to Serve with Chicken Marsala
- 1. Chicken Marsala with Arugula and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2. Chicken Marsala with Spinach and Parmesan
- 3. Chicken Marsala with Avocado and Tomato Salsa
- 4. Chicken Marsala with Arugula and Raw Oysters
- 5. Caesar Salad
- 6. Spinach Salad
- 7. Greek Salad
- 8. Cobb Salad
- 9. Grilled Pineapple and Red Onion Salad
- 10. Greek Salad with Chicken Tzatziki
- 11. A simple green salad
- 12. Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Candied Walnuts
- 13. Caprese Salad
- 14. Potato Salad With Dill And Bacon Bits
- 15. Spinach Salad with Apple and Cranberries
- 16. Bacon Caesar Salad
- 17. Cucumber and Tomato Gazpacho
- 18. Quinoa Salad with Zucchini and Red Bell Peppers
- 19. Arugula Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 20. Avocado, Grapefruit, and Orange Salad
- 21. Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- 22. Beetroot salad
- What Vegetable to Serve with Chicken Marsala?
- 22 Salads to Serve with Chicken Marsala
- What side dish goes well with chicken marsala?
- What do Italians serve with chicken marsala?
- What does Marsala pair well with?
- What Marsala wine is best for chicken Marsala?
- How many people does a full tray of chicken Marsala feed?
- What vegetable goes with chicken tikka masala?
- How do Italians drink Marsala?
- What wine is used in Chicken Marsala?
- Is dry or sweet Marsala wine better for Chicken Marsala?
22 Salads to Serve with Chicken Marsala
Here are 22 salads that will go well with your favorite chicken marsala dish:
1. Chicken Marsala with Arugula and Balsamic Vinaigrette
This dish is sure to please!
The arugula offers a peppery edge, while the balsamic vinaigrette adds a sweet tanginess that complements the savory chicken and mushrooms perfectly.
2. Chicken Marsala with Spinach and Parmesan
This meal is so easy to make, yet it tastes like it came from your favorite Italian restaurant!
The spinach gives a freshness that balances out the rich taste of the chicken marsala, and the parmesan cheese adds a depth of flavor that elevates this meal to new heights.
3. Chicken Marsala with Avocado and Tomato Salsa
Even though there aren’t many ingredients in this salad, it’s fresh and flavorful!
Because it doesn’t take any cooking time, it’s ideal for presenting at potlucks or BBQs. Simply slice the ingredients, put them together in a bowl, and serve!
4. Chicken Marsala with Arugula and Raw Oysters
This meal brings together two of our favorite ingredients: oysters and arugula!
It’s a terrific alternative if you’re searching for something lighter than regular salads or simply something new.
5. Caesar Salad
This traditional salad is usually a hit, and it’s even better with chicken marsala.
6. Spinach Salad
Spinach is an excellent way to get some nutritious greens into your diet without feeling deprived.
It’s also an excellent way to add color and flavor to any dish.
7. Greek Salad
In this salad, the feta cheese offers a salty accent that complements the rich aromas of chicken marsala.
8. Cobb Salad
This salad has bacon, hard boiled eggs, avocado slices, tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, and other vegetables.
Because it contains something for everyone, it is guaranteed to be one of the most popular options on your menu.
9. Grilled Pineapple and Red Onion Salad
In this light yet satisfying salad, the sweetness of pineapple complements the savory attributes of red onions.
To make it even more filling, add grilled chicken or shrimp!
10. Greek Salad with Chicken Tzatziki
This Greek-inspired salad is ideal for folks who like fresh vegetables and savory sauces like tzatziki (a yogurt-based sauce).
Add some grilled chicken to make it more filling!
11. A simple green salad
A basic green salad with a mild dressing is usually an excellent choice.
This one is fantastic since it’s quick to make and has just enough flavor to compliment the marsala sauce without overpowering it.
12. Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Candied Walnuts
This roasted beet salad with goat cheese and candied walnuts is another wonderful alternative.
It has just the proper amount of sweetness from the beets and crunch from the almonds to balance off the richness of your chicken marsala dish.
13. Caprese Salad
You know those fantastic Italian breadsticks that we all adore?
Why not elevate them by serving them with this caprese salad?
The acidic tomato sauce will bring out all of the excellent flavors in your chicken marsala meal while still allowing them to shine through.
14. Potato Salad With Dill And Bacon Bits
Potato salad is a fantastic option if you want something creamy but not excessively heavy.
Our favorite variation includes dill to give each mouthful a little zing without detracting from the creamy richness of the potatoes itself, and they receive a great salty kick from bacon pieces sprinkled on top before serving!
15. Spinach Salad with Apple and Cranberries
Because of its mild taste, this sweet salad pairs well with chicken marsala.
It’s ideal for summertime when the weather is hot but you still want something cool to eat for supper or lunch (or both).
16. Bacon Caesar Salad
Try adding bacon to your Caesar salad for a lot more taste than plain old Caesar salad!
Bacon and Caesar dressing go together like peanut butter and jelly; it simply works!
Youll be surprised how good this tastes!
17. Cucumber and Tomato Gazpacho
This gazpacho is a traditional summer dish, but it’s also excellent in the winter.
3 cucumbers, 2 tomatoes, a clove of garlic, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves are required.
Peel and slice the cucumber into big chunks, then dice the tomatoes and garlic into tiny pieces.
blend them with the other ingredients in a mixing dish and whisk well to blend.
Garnish with extra mint leaves before serving!
18. Quinoa Salad with Zucchini and Red Bell Peppers
Because of the inclusion of quinoa (which is richer in protein than other grains), this quinoa salad is high in protein.
It’s also flavorful, due to the zucchini and red bell peppersa great combination that the entire family will enjoy!
19. Arugula Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
This easy salad comes together fast and goes well with chicken marsala.
The dressing’s arugula, balsamic vinegar, and herbs provide brightness and flavor to the meal while keeping it light and nutritious.
20. Avocado, Grapefruit, and Orange Salad
This salad is fantastic because it has a little bit of everything: sweetness from the grapefruit and oranges, creaminess from the avocado, and crunchiness from the cucumbers.
21. Broccoli Salad with Bacon
If you’re searching for something a bit heartier than your average side salad, this broccoli salad is guaranteed to satisfy!
It has everything.With a little of sweetness from the grapes and a hint of saltiness from the bacon, this salad really has it all.
22. Beetroot salad
If you want to add some color to your meal, match your chicken marsala with this beetroot salad!
This salad also goes nicely with red wine-based foods like beef bourguignon or beef stroganoff; just make sure you have enough dressing left over after cooking those dishes!
What Vegetable to Serve with Chicken Marsala?
A vegetable side dish is usually a nice idea, but which vegetable should you serve with chicken marsala?
There are plenty of options to consider.
Because chicken marsala is traditionally served with mushrooms and wine, you may wish to substitute a vegetable that can withstand the strong tastes in the sauce.
Here are some great options:
1. Green beans
Green beans are a traditional accompaniment to chicken marsala because they absorb the sauce’s taste without becoming mushy or losing their structure.
They’re also crunchy, which contrasts wonderfully with the softness of the chicken thighs.
2. Brussel sprouts
Sprouts have an earthy taste that complements mushrooms and wine, plus they’re sneakily healthful!
If you’re searching for an additional burst of vitamins and minerals on your meal, brussel sprouts may help.
They’re also high in fiber, which helps keep your digestion functioning smoothly while also keeping you satiated for longer than other veggies.
Carrots are another excellent accompaniment to chicken marsala because they are sweet and earthy, which helps to balance out some of the heavier tastes in the recipe.
They also go well with lemon juice, which may be added at the end of the cooking process to provide even more flavor.
4. Asparagus Stalks (with tips)
Asparagus stalks are an excellent option for this dish since they are simple, clean-tasting, and do not overshadow the other tastes in the meal.
Furthermore, they are simple to make.Simply immerse them in hot water until they become brilliant green, then serve!
5. Sweet Potatoes
These are fantastic because they are sweet and creamy, making them ideal for matching with something like chicken marsala, which is also flavorful and creamy!
Simply roast them till cooked (and optionally sprinkle with honey), then serve with some chicken marsala for a quick side dish that everyone will like!
6. Butternut Squash
Butternut squash is an excellent choice for a vegetable that can stand up to the intense tastes of chicken marsala.
Its sweet and earthy taste complements the meaty mushrooms and thick wine sauce well.
Cauliflower is a great choice since it has a moderate taste and can be cooked in a variety of ways.
You may roast it whole and serve it with your chicken marsala (or any other meal), or chop it into florets and sauté in butter until gently browned.
Go ahead and steam or boil your cauliflower if you like. It’ll taste fine either way.
8. Roasted Corn
Roasted corn is the way to go if you want something crisp to contrast the tenderness of your chicken.
The corn’s sweetness complements both the savory chicken and the luscious mushrooms.
Broccoli is another vegetable that goes well with chicken marsala since it has a moderate taste that doesn’t overpower the main course.
It also has a crunchy texture, making it a great accompaniment to any dish, particularly one with pasta or rice!
22 Salads to Serve with Chicken Marsala
- Marsala Chicken with Arugula and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Chicken Marsala with Spinach and Parmesan
- Chicken Marsala with Avocado and Tomato Salsa
- Chicken Marsala with Arugula and Raw Oysters
- Caesar Salad
- Spinach Salad
- Greek Salad
- Cobb Salad
- Grilled Pineapple and Red Onion Salad
- Greek Salad with Chicken Tzatziki
- A simple green salad
- Salad of Roasted Beets with Goat Cheese and Candied Walnuts
- Caprese Salad
- Potato Salad With Dill And Bacon Bits
- Spinach Salad with Apple and Cranberries
- Bacon Caesar Salad
- Cucumber and Tomato Gazpacho
- Quinoa Salad with Zucchini and Red Bell Peppers
- Arugula Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Avocado, Grapefruit, and Orange Salad
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Beetroot salad
- Choose your favorite salad from this selection to accompany your dinner.
- Prepare the ingredients in the order specified in the recipe.
- Be ready to munch in no time!
What side dish goes well with chicken marsala?
How to Serve Chicken Marsala
Simple White Rice.
Smashed Baby Potatoes with a Crispy Crunch.
Egg noodles or another kind of pasta.
Green beans, roasted in the oven.
Risotto with mushrooms.
Traditional Green Bean Casserole.
Potatoes Au Gratin in the Slow Cooker.
Vegetables Roasted in the Oven.
What do Italians serve with chicken marsala?
Risotto is another traditional Italian dish that complements Chicken Marsala. The creamy rice with Parmesan cheese makes a beautifully cozy side that fits the flavors in the Marsala sauce nicely.
What does Marsala pair well with?
Biscotti, cake, apple pie, dark chocolate, trail mix, tiramisu, and Zabaglione go well with sweet Marsala. Meanwhile, almonds, anchovies, goat cheese, nuts, olives, asparagus, sardines, and smoked meat work well with dry Marsala.
What Marsala wine is best for chicken Marsala?
Use a secco (dry), fine (aged one year), ambra, or oro Marsala for savory recipes like this one. This outstanding meal capitalizes on the wine’s taste character, imparting a deep and nutty richness. Even better, it comes together fast, making it appropriate for both hectic weeknights and weekend parties.
How many people does a full tray of chicken Marsala feed?
These lightly floured and pan-seared chicken breasts are served in a creamy mushroom sauce and complemented with a sweet Marsala wine. Half pan feeds 10-12 people. A whole pan feeds 20-24 people.
What vegetable goes with chicken tikka masala?
Tomatoes for tikka masala
Sweet potato, diced.
Florets of broccoli.
Florets of cauliflower.
How do Italians drink Marsala?
1. It goes well with cheese and sweets. As an aperitif, Marsala works especially nicely with matured cheeses like parmesan and Roquefort. High-quality Marsalas are also relished as dessert wines, best served at room temperature to let their particular flavors to shine through.
What wine is used in Chicken Marsala?
A dry, full-bodied white wine, such as Chardonnay or Chenin Blanc, goes well with Chicken Marsala. Alternatively, a lighter, lower-tannin red wine such as Pinot Noir or Gamay.
Is dry or sweet Marsala wine better for Chicken Marsala?
In your Chicken Marsala recipe, should you use sweet or dry Marsala? It doesn’t make much of a difference, and either choice will provide great results, but I’d go with dry since the sweet Marsala has a touch too much sweetness for such a savory meal.