Summer is the season for fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as seafood.
The best way to enjoy them all?
Shrimp and rice!
Also see: 10 Best Shrimp and Rice Sauces: Easy Shrimp Sauce Collection
Shrimp and rice are two of the most adaptable foods available.
They are light yet full, healthful, and tasty.
When combined with other fresh ingredients, they may be used to create anything from a fast snack to an elaborate served feast.
This collection has 19 distinct summer shrimp and rice dishes, and none of them will disappoint.
Prepare yourself for some truly delicious dinners this summer!
Related: 18 Shrimp Recipes without Garlic
- 19 Summer Shrimp and Rice Recipes
- 1. Shrimp and Rice Salad With Peas and Celery
- 2. Mango Rice Salad with Grilled Shrimp
- 3. Jambalaya Rice Salad
- 4. Greek Shrimp Salad with Feta and Rice
- 5. Prawn and Avocado Salad with Rice and Veggies
- 6. Prawn and Chorizo Skewers with Quick Rice Salad
- 7. Shrimp and Pesto-Rice Salad
- 8. Curry-Coconut Shrimp and Rice Salad with Pomegranate and Lime
- 9. Shrimp Fried Rice
- 10. Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry
- 11. Bang Bang Shrimp Rice Bowls
- 12. Shrimp Bowl with Cilantro Lime Rice
- 13. Caribbean Shrimp & Rice Bowl
- 14. Teriyaki Shrimp Rice Bowls
- 15. Hibachi Shrimp Rice Bowls
- 16. Fiesta Lime Shrimp Bowls
- 17. Shrimp and Rice Casserole
- 18. Cajun Shrimp and Rice Casserole
- 19. Healthy Italian Shrimp and Rice Casserole
- 19 Summer Shrimp and Rice Recipes
19 Summer Shrimp and Rice Recipes
Summer has here, and it is time to start planning what you will prepare this season.
Well, I dont want you to go hungry or bored!
Here are 19 shrimp and rice dishes to satiate your hunger while enjoying the summer sun:
1. Shrimp and Rice Salad With Peas and Celery
This dish is not only easy to make, but it is also savory and colorful.
Make a large batch for a picnic or BBQ, or a little bit for an afternoon snack.
It’s also ideal for bringing on an outdoor expedition; just load your cooler with ice packs, fresh fruit juice boxes, this salad, and some extra snacks like trail mix or cheese cubes.
2. Mango Rice Salad with Grilled Shrimp
I adore grilled shrimp on top of everything because they are so juicy and tasty.
This dish mixes grilled shrimp with mango pieces in a simple rice salad that can be served chilled or at room temperature.
3. Jambalaya Rice Salad
This recipe is very tasty because it blends crisp veggies with soft shrimp and rice.
It’s also really simple to prepare–just a few minutes on the burner to get everything ready for the oven.
Because it can be cooked ahead of time and carried simply in an airtight container, this meal is ideal for presenting at BBQs or picnics.
It’s also delicious for lunch or supper with grilled chicken breasts or salmon fillets!
Sprinkle some cornstarch over each layer before putting additional ingredients on top to ensure your jambalaya remains firm after baking (this keeps everything from sticking together).
4. Greek Shrimp Salad with Feta and Rice
This Greek shrimp salad with feta and rice is ideal for the summer.
- To create this recipe, I sauté my shrimp in olive oil before adding rice and water.
- I finish it with feta cheese and sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions.
It’s a filling supper that will keep you going all day!
Serve this meal with some hummus or tzatziki sauce on the side to make it even more satisfying.
5. Prawn and Avocado Salad with Rice and Veggies
This shrimp and rice salad is one of my favorite summertime dishes.
It’s light yet filling, and it’s always a hit, particularly when paired with a cool beer or wine!
I prefer to make this recipe ahead of time by boiling the rice and allowing it to cool before adding the other ingredients.
If you wait until the last minute, everything will be hot and the shrimp will not be fully cooked.
If you want to add more protein, you may use quinoa.
If desired, serve this entrée with a side salad or corn on the cob.
Grilled vegetables are another wonderful choice since they provide a crisp texture to your meal without adding carbohydrates or calories!
6. Prawn and Chorizo Skewers with Quick Rice Salad
This recipe is one of my favorites since it is simple to prepare, tasty, and can be served as a whole dinner when coupled with another dish.
Plus, its super affordable!
Heres how to do it:
- Cook the prawns and chorizo in a skillet over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the shrimp curl up and become pink. Place them on a platter and put away.
- Add the rice, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and cilantro leaves (if using) to the same pan. Stir until mixed, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat until soft. Before serving, fluff the rice with a fork.
- If you have some fresh basil leaves on hand, top with them; they offer an additional layer of flavor that elevates this meal from excellent to fantastic!
7. Shrimp and Pesto-Rice Salad
I choose brown rice as the foundation of this salad since it has more fiber than white rice, which means it will keep me feeling filled for longer, which is vital while trying to remain healthy in the summer heat!
For added taste, I cook my rice with chicken broth.
This meal works well as a side dish or as an entree, so combine it with asparagus, roasted potatoes, or zucchini.
8. Curry-Coconut Shrimp and Rice Salad with Pomegranate and Lime
See Also: coconut shrimp dipping sauces
Sweet shrimp are combined with savory coconut milk, crisp veggies, and nutty pomegranates in this dish for a flavor explosion in every mouthful.
This meal is excellent for those summer days when you simply want to hang out with friends or family! I prefer to cook it on a Sunday afternoon when I have time to relax in the kitchen!
I generally serve it with crusty bread or crackers so that everyone can get their hands dirty scooping out all of the tasty toppings.
It’s also ideal for summer picnics since it’s portable!
9. Shrimp Fried Rice
Summer is an excellent time to gather the family and enjoy some of your favorite summer meals.
I’ve been preparing this meal for years, and it never fails to please!
Shrimp Fried Rice is filling, simple, and quick to prepare.
It’s ideal for hot summer days when you want something light yet filling.
It’s also great for youngsters since they adore shrimp!
The components are simple, and the processes are straightforward as well.
Simply sauté some shrimp and vegetables, leave them aside, and then combine everything with rice and eggs for a simple supper that everyone will like.
Try this recipe tonightyou wont regret it!
10. Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry
If you’re searching for a quick and easy summer lunch, this garlic shrimp stir fry is the dish for you.
It’s simple to make and sure to please your family!
- Begin by cooking the rice according per package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2 teaspoon ground black pepper and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.2 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cook until the shrimp are pink, about 4 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon from the skillet and serve over rice.
11. Bang Bang Shrimp Rice Bowls
I’m constantly looking for quick, tasty dishes that are suitable for everyone in my family.
This bang bang shrimp rice bowls dish is ideal for summer since it is quick and easy to cook, but it also fills everyone’s appetite.
There are just four ingredients in the recipe: shrimp, rice, onions, and carrots.
It’s wonderful not to have to mess with anything too fancy or difficult herejust a few basic vegetables and protein (or meat if you choose) and you’re set to go.
After cooking this recipe multiple times, I’ve discovered that bang bang shrimp rice bowls can make a terrific quick supper choice after work or school.
It doesn’t take long since you don’t have to cook anything separately from the rest of your mealyou just combine everything in one pan and let it simmer till done!
And if you want something even simpler?
Instead of chicken breasts, try using shrimp!
The nicest aspect about this recipe is how adaptable it isyou can pretty much swap whichever ingredient you want at the moment without affecting the ultimate product too much!
12. Shrimp Bowl with Cilantro Lime Rice
This dish is ideal for using up those leftover vegetables in your crisper drawer (or whatever you name it) while having a nice lunch with your family outdoors.
Plus,its super kid-friendly!
Before they dive in, the kids will enjoy helping you chop up all of the ingredients and combine them in a large mixing bowl.
It doesnt get much fresher than this!
And best of all?
It tastes fantastic! One of my favorite aspects of this meal is the cilantro lime rice; it’s just delicious!
I like to serve it with fresh fruit for dessert, but it would also go well with coleslaw or potato salad if you need extra vegetables in your diet.
This dish would also be perfect for a casual backyard BBQ or picnic, and your kids would be excited to eat it since they helped create it!
13. Caribbean Shrimp & Rice Bowl
After a long day at the beach, I cooked this Caribbean Shrimp & Rice Bowl for my family, and we devoured it!
It’s filling, easy to cook, and ideal for summer.
Heres what youll need:
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, heat the oil.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Cook for 30 seconds, or until the curry powder is aromatic.
- Cook until the shrimp are pink all the way through (approximately 3 minutes).
- Stir in the peas and carrots, then the coconut milk; decrease heat to medium low and cook for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- If preferred, serve over rice with a sprinkle of lime juice.
14. Teriyaki Shrimp Rice Bowls
This dish for teriyaki shrimp rice bowls is fantastic!
It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and is ideal for a hot summer day.
It tastes delicious andis so simple to make.
The components are all typical household products that you most likely already have in your cupboard or refrigerator.
If you don’t have them, you can easily find them at most grocery shops.
It includes easy directions with images, so anybody can prepare it, even children!
This dish is best made during the summer months when you have more time to spend with your family.
15. Hibachi Shrimp Rice Bowls
This quick supper comes together in 20 minutes and is so flavorful that you’ll want to prepare it again and again.
See Also: Best Vegetables for Hibachi
This dish calls for zucchini, soy sauce, spicy sauce, cooked rice, butter, and shrimp.
The combination of these ingredients results in a filling dinner that can be prepared in about 20 minutes.
Serve this meal to friends and family during a summer BBQ or picnic.
It’s also ideal for filling the bellies of hungry children who have spent the day playing outdoors.
This dish is simple enough for anybody to make with its short ingredient list!
16. Fiesta Lime Shrimp Bowls
This fiesta lime shrimp bowls recipe is just what you’ve been searching for.
This recipe is bursting with flavor, thanks to the brown rice and jalapeño ranch dressing, cherry tomatoes, fire-roasted corn, and smoky paprika.
It also looks stunning when it comes out of the oven!
It’s ideal for feeding your family or children during summer.
They’ll enjoy eating their vegetables while watching the sun set over the sea.
This dish is particularly great to bring to a picnic or barbecue since it stores nicely in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days (and even longer in the fridge).
17. Shrimp and Rice Casserole
This meal is simple to prepare and delicious!
You may cook it on a weeknight with your family or bring it to a picnic or BBQ in summer.
It’s also fantastic for youngsters since the creamy sauce is so thick and tasty.
The nicest thing about this recipe is that it just requires a few items that you most likely already have in your cupboard.
It’s also really simple to make–just combine all of the ingredients and bake!
This dish reminds me of my mother’s cooking when I was a kid.
When we were kids, Grandma used to cook this dish all the time; today, when I prepare it, I feel like she’s right there with me.
18. Cajun Shrimp and Rice Casserole
This shrimp and rice casserole is ideal for gathering your family around a great supper.
The cajun flavor complements the heavy cream, bell pepper, and spicy sauce to make a delightful meal that will leave everyone satisfied.
It’s so easy that even your kids can assist in the kitchen!
White rice, heavy cream, bell pepper, and a few other items are called for in the recipe, which you most likely already have on hand.
You’ll appreciate how simple it is to prepare this meal at home; it’s one of my favorites!
19. Healthy Italian Shrimp and Rice Casserole
This Italian shrimp and rice casserole is a delicious summer dish.
It’s fast, filling, and extremely simple to cook.Ideal for busy families that want to get supper on the table in less than an hour.
Shrimp, white wine, cherry tomatoes, sweet Italian sausage (if you prefer it hot), and long grain rice are all called for in the recipe.
If you want something less seafoody, you may simply replace chicken or ground beef.
I suggest cooking this dish on a Saturday afternoon when you can relax with your guests while it bakes.
It’s a fantastic supper to enjoy with family or friends on the patio!
19 Summer Shrimp and Rice Recipes
- Shrimp and Rice Salad With Peas and Celery
- Mango Rice Salad with Grilled Shrimp
- Jambalaya Rice Salad
- Greek Shrimp Salad with Feta and Rice
- Prawn and Avocado Salad with Rice and Veggies
- Prawn and chorizo skewers with quick rice salad
- Shrimp and Pesto-Rice Salad
- Salad of Curry-Coconut Shrimp and Rice with Pomegranate and Lime
- Shrimp Fried Rice
- Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry
- Bang Bang Shrimp Rice Bowls
- Shrimp Bowl with Cilantro Lime Rice
- Caribbean Shrimp & Rice Bowl
- Teriyaki Shrimp Rice Bowls
- Hibachi Shrimp Rice Bowls
- Fiesta Lime Shrimp Bowls
- Shrimp and Rice Casserole
- Cajun Shrimp and Rice Casserole
- Healthy Italian Shrimp and Rice Casserole
- Choose your favorite dish from this selection to serve to family and friends.
- Prepare the ingredients in the order specified in the recipe.
- Be ready to munch in no time!