Bruce loves yams, and you should, too! By adding a new canned vegetable to your cupboard, these Bruces Canned Yams Recipes can help you get into the Christmas mood.
Yams are one of the most flexible and tasty vegetables you can include in your diet. They are high in vitamin C and fiber, and a good source of potassium.
They are also one of the simplest veggies to prepare. Canned yams dishes are ideal if you don’t have a lot of time to make your supper.
You don’t have to bother about cultivating a lot of fresh yams in your yard or picking them out of the freezer department at the supermarket.
These recipes will teach you how to utilize canned yams in a number of ways, and you’ll wonder why you haven’t used them sooner.
Don’t be misled by the name. These yams are both tasty and adaptable!
See Also: 7 Canned Yam Casserole Recipes
- Why Consider Using Canned Yams Instead of Fresh Yams?
- 17 Bruce’s Canned Yams Recipes
- 1. Baked Pork Chops with Yams and Apples
- 2. Easy Sweet Potato Casserole from Canned Yams
- 3. Slow Cooker Paleo Beef Casserole
- 4. Yam Jam
- 5. Yam Soup
- 6. Yam Cake
- 7. Canned Yam Casserole with Marshmallows
- 8. Yam Souffle
- 9. Yam Biscuits
- 10. Yam Muffins
- 11. Yam Bars
- 12. Baked Candied Yams
- 13. Purple Sweet Yam Milkshake (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- 14. Mashed Yams
- 15. Canned Yam Salad
- 16. Yam Balls
- 17. Yam Sugar Cookies
- 17 Bruce’s Canned Yams Recipes
- Can you eat Bruce’s yams out of can?
- Are Bruce’s canned yams really sweet potatoes?
- Are canned yams already cooked?
- How many canned yams are equal to 4 sweet potatoes?
- Should I rinse canned sweet potatoes?
- Can you rinse syrup off canned yams?
- What’s the difference between canned yams and canned sweet potatoes?
- Are canned yams and canned sweet potatoes the same?
- Are yams in a can the same as sweet potatoes?
- What brings out the flavor of sweet potatoes?
Why Consider Using Canned Yams Instead of Fresh Yams?
Fresh yams are an incredibly delicious treat.
They have a distinct texture and taste that no other cuisine can match.
Unfortunately, fresh yams are difficult to get and may be rather costly.
As a result, if you wish to eat fresh yams, you may need to choose an alternative dinner or dish.
If you don’t want to consume raw yams, you may always use canned yams.
Canned yams are an excellent substitute for fresh yams since they need less preparation.
Furthermore, they are widely available and reasonably priced in most supermarket shops.
Canned yams are also an excellent choice since they are shelf-stable and may be stored for an extended period of time.
If you prefer to use canned yams, be certain that the cans are of high quality.
If the yams in your cans are old and moldy, they will not taste fresh.
Check the expiry date on the can to confirm that your yams are of high quality.
If its past its expiration date, throw it out.
Remember that canned yams are not fresh, so don’t expect them to taste precisely like fresh yams.
They will, nevertheless, be appetizing and will work nicely in a variety of recipes.
17 Bruce’s Canned Yams Recipes
This is a collection of some of my favorite Bruces canned yams recipes. All of these are rather simple to prepare and are ideal for the forthcoming winter months.
1. Baked Pork Chops with Yams and Apples
This Baked Pork Chops with Yams and Apples dish is a hit when you need a delicious, satisfying supper that is quick to make. This is a traditional meal that your family and guests will enjoy, and it is sure to become a family favorite!
I adore how versatile this recipe is! This is a terrific recipe for holiday feasts since it is not only easy to prepare but also creates a substantial, healthful main dish! With a meal like this, you can easily substitute chicken or turkey for the pork chops, and the apples for pears or plums!
Here are three suggestions for making the best baked pork chops:
- To brown the pork chops more easily, use a skillet rather than a saucepan.
- Separately cook the potatoes before mixing them with the yams. The potatoes will be soft and fluffy this way.
- Freeze any leftovers for later use. You won’t have to worry about your leftovers becoming cold!
2. Easy Sweet Potato Casserole from Canned Yams
Canned yams aren’t as thrilling as fresh yams, but they’re worth a go. If you’re searching for a simple and flavorful dish, this one will do the trick. The key is to cook the food in a slow cooker to get the finest flavor!
Use this recipe for your next holiday celebration or whenever you want a warm and comforting casserole that is quick to make.
Here Are 3 Cooking Tips for the Best Sweet Potato Casserole:
- Before you add the remaining ingredients, make sure your sweet potatoes are cooked.
- Add plenty of spices for extra flavor.
- To achieve the best results, cook the casserole in the slow cooker for 8 hours.
3. Slow Cooker Paleo Beef Casserole
You’re in for a treat if you’ve never tried this canned yams dish! This is one of the greatest canned yam recipes on the market. It’s high in protein, which is good for your health, and it goes well with anything from green beans to broccoli.
The slow cooker makes it simple to prepare, and the yams are so creamy and delicious that you won’t be able to stop eating them!
4. Yam Jam
This canned yam jam is really versatile! It’s quite simple to create and may be used as a topping on breads, salads, or vegetables. You’ll adore how it adds a fresh taste depth to your food. As an extra plus, it’s also really healthful!
Yams, like this yam jam, are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. Discover how to prepare this simple and adaptable yam jam recipe right now!
Here Are 3 Tips For Making The Best Yam Jam:
- Cook the yams in water until tender to expedite the cooking process.
- Allow the cooked yams to cool fully before incorporating them into the jam.
- Dont add any sugar.
5. Yam Soup
Yams are a tasty root vegetable that may be purchased in a variety of markets and supermarkets. They have a sweet flavor that complements savory ingredients and are an excellent option for your next soup.
This yam soup is one of the simplest canned yam recipes to prepare, making it ideal for impressing your family with a simple, but tasty dinner. The nicest thing about this dish is that it is easy, so you won’t have to spend much time preparing it. So, go ahead and prepare this soup right now!
It will take a few minutes to prepare the yams, but once you begin, you will quickly realize how much time you have saved.
Here Are 2 Tips For Making A Perfect Yam Soup:
- After the onions and other ingredients have been prepared, add the yams. This expedites the cooking of the yams.
- Cook the yams gently and add salt at the end, since they absorb more salt than other meals.
6. Yam Cake
This cake seems easy, but believe us when we say it’s a keeper!
Who knew canned yams could be so versatile?
This yam cake recipe is one of our favorites since it is a terrific way to use up those remaining cans of canned yams. After all, it’s a delicious dessert that will amaze everyone who tries it.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making A Fluffy Yam Cake:
- To prevent the cake becoming excessively thick, use the correct yam-to-flour ratio.
- To add flavor and softness to the yam mixture, drizzle with butter or oil.
- To make the cake light and flaky, bake it for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
7. Canned Yam Casserole with Marshmallows
You may believe that canned yams are just suitable for breakfast, but we know different. This yam recipe combines all of your favorite ingredients, such as cinnamon and marshmallows, in a wonderful, warm casserole.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making The Best Casserole:
- Select canned yams with the thickest syrup. They will taste watery if the syrup is thinner.
- Instead of fake or other flavorings, use genuine vanilla extract.
- Keep the oven at a low heat for best results.
8. Yam Souffle
On a hectic weekday, yam souffles are a delicious way to savor sweet yams. They are also healthier than standard dessert recipes, which include high-fat cream and sweet icing.
This recipe for canned yams souffle is really simple to prepare, tastes delicious, and will be a success at your next party. So, buy some canned yams and start cooking!
Here are 3 tips to help you make the best recipe:
- Thaw frozen yams and drain before using.
- Puree yams until smooth for easy mixing.
- Serve the souffle warm, sprinkled with cinnamon.
9. Yam Biscuits
If you like yams as much as we do, this is the yam recipe for you! This cookie is so good that you’ll wonder why you ever purchased fresh yams before.
This biscuit is undeniably nutritious; it contains almost two full servings of canned yam and may be served as a side dish, snack, or main meal at dinner.
The nicest aspect about this dish is how simple and fast it is to prepare.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making The Best Biscuits:
- When cooking this dish, be sure to use canned yams!
- Try to get crisp golden brown biscuits.
- If you want your biscuits crispy, bake them for an additional minute.
10. Yam Muffins
Yams are very adaptable and excellent in a variety of ways. And there are several sorts of yams available at the grocery store, ranging from sweet potatoes to garnet yams to gold yams.
This delicious muffin recipe uses one of the greatest canned yam recipes. These moist, fluffy muffins are ideal for breakfast, lunch, supper, or any other time of day.
Here are three suggestions for making the best canned yam muffins:
- To get the most muffins out of one batch, use a big muffin tray.
- Keep in mind that the baking time may vary depending on the kind of yam used.
- Cover muffins with foil while cooking to prevent them from drying out and keeping them moist and tasty.
11. Yam Bars
This is a delicious way to serve yams at any time of day, with or without dessert. Because canned yams are adaptable, feel free to experiment with other ingredients such as peanuts, raisins, or cinnamon, depending on what you have on hand.
We like these yam bars since they are high in nutrients and tasty. They’re also quick to cook, making them the ideal go-to snack for hectic days!
Here Are 3 Tips For Making The Best Yams Bars:
- Add more spices and nuts if you want.
- Replace the butter with olive oil or avocado for a healthy option.
- Serve them warm with a dollop of cream cheese.
12. Baked Candied Yams
This delicious baked candied yam dish is perfect for any occasion, from a holiday dinner to a family gathering. It tastes fantastic, is simple to prepare, and works well as a side dish to any main entrée.
It’s an excellent option for a nutritious and tasty lunch! You’ll be astounded by the ultimate outcome of this simple recipe!
Here Are Two Recipes for the Best Baked Candied Yams:
- Bake the yams ahead of time.
- Top with your favorite frosting or dipping sauce to make this dish even more delicious!
13. Purple Sweet Yam Milkshake (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
What is it about milkshakes that distinguishes them? They’re creamy, rich, and sweet, but they’re also adaptable. Whether you prefer milk as much as we do, or are vegan or gluten-free, this recipe has you covered!
It’s simple to create and a gluten-free dessert suitable for people of all ages. Purple yams provide the purple hue, making this a delightful and healthful dessert alternative.
When you need a treat that will offer your body what it needs, try this scrumptious milkshake in your blender instead of ordinary milkshakes.
Here are three suggestions for making this Purple Sweet Canned Yam Milkshake:
- Blend it to make it thicker, or shake it in a shaker cup to make it more milkshake-like.
- To make the milkshake sweeter, add a little honey or sugar.
- Remove the milk and replace it with almond milk to make it dairy-free.
14. Mashed Yams
Mashed yams, everyone’s favorite comfort meal, aren’t only for holiday feasts. You may make this flexible recipe whenever the flavor of autumn makes you need warmth. If you like yams and sweet potatoes, we believe you’ll enjoy this dish as well.
The creamy mashed yam dish is easy to make, healthful, and full of minerals. It makes an excellent side dish or even a main course! Make a batch of this delicious and healthy dish to keep in your pantry so you can enjoy yams in any manner you like.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making Mashed Yams:
- To make the mixture smooth and creamy, use a hand blender or food processor.
- To make your own distinct taste, add any spices or seasonings you choose.
- Save leftover mashed yams in the freezer for a fast side dish anytime you need it.
15. Canned Yam Salad
This salad packs a lot of nutrients into a little quantity, making it an excellent way to include more vegetables into your diet. Because the yams in this dish are canned, they are very easy to cook!
They taste precisely like real sweet potatoes and will fulfill any sweet potato appetite. They’re also fantastic for breakfast, so don’t be shocked if your kids want one for breakfast. Make it your own by substituting your favorite spices and herbs!
It’s also a terrific way to use up leftovers in your cupboard, so get out your can opener and start making some more yams!
Here Are 3 Tips For Making Yams Salad:
- To add nutrition and taste, use a variety of greens.
- To balance out the taste, add any additional veggies you choose.
- Serve it as a side dish, salad, or snack.
16. Yam Balls
Yam balls are an excellent approach to pique children’s interest in veggies. This meal is an excellent beginning point for introducing children to different foods and even encouraging them to eat their veggies. These simple and healthful sweets are a hit with kids!
They are also high in protein and fiber. This simple canned yam recipe yields around 10 yam balls, plenty for breakfast or snacks throughout the day. They are delicious cold, warm, or reheated.
Simply bake, microwave, or boil them, then serve with milk or yogurt.
Here Are 3 Tips For Making The Best Yam Balls:
- Make sure the ingredients are measured correctly.
- For an added kick, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- To achieve the finest taste and texture, use fresh ingredients.
17. Yam Sugar Cookies
Yam sugar cookies are as soft and chewy as their name suggests. They’re a delicious treat to nibble on, and they’re a perfect after-school snack or a healthy alternative to standard cookie recipes.
Here’s what makes them special: They’re created using canned yams and have a sweet, creamy texture with a dash of spice. The cookies may be made in the oven or, for a different type of pleasure, in the slow cooker.
They create an excellent quick-and-easy dessert that will provide your family with the nutrition and enjoyment they need!
Here Are 3 Tips:
- The nicest thing about this dish is that you can substitute canned yams for fresh ones.
- If you don’t have time to bake, a healthy alternative is to utilize your slow cooker.
- Make careful to add the yams intact so they may be tasted.
17 Bruce’s Canned Yams Recipes
- Baked Pork Chops with Yams and Apples
- Easy Sweet Potato Casserole from Canned Yams
- Slow Cooker Paleo Beef Casserole
- Yam Jam
- Yam Soup
- Yam Cake
- Canned Yam Casserole with Marshmallows
- Yam Souffle
- Yam Biscuits
- Yam Muffins
- Yam Bars
- Baked Candied Yams
- Purple Sweet Yam Milkshake (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Mashed Yams
- Canned Yam Salad
- Yam Balls
- Yam Sugar Cookies
- Choose one of these simple dishes for your next meal!
- Prepare the ingredients in the order specified in the recipe.
- Enjoy your meal in no time.
Can you eat Bruce’s yams out of can?
Simply heat and enjoy these canned veggies for quick preparation that gives nourishment on the move. Serve these canned yams on their own as a simple alternative for dinner sides, or use them to inject Southern flavor into your favorite dishes, such as soups, casseroles, and desserts.
Are Bruce’s canned yams really sweet potatoes?
Bruce’s canned yams (sweet potatoes) are made using just the sweetheart, the most sensitive section of the sweet potato. It has been dubbed “America’s favorite” because it is the best-selling canned sweet potato in the country. The American Heart Association has certified it.
Are canned yams already cooked?
Canned yams reduce the need for your employees to wash, peel, chop, and cook sweet potatoes, allowing you to concentrate on other activities! All of these yams are pre-cooked, and some are pre-cut or mashed to aid with preparation time.
How many canned yams are equal to 4 sweet potatoes?
Six to eight cans of sweet potatoes are about equal to four medium fresh sweet potatoes.
Should I rinse canned sweet potatoes?
When using canned sweet potatoes, make sure they’ve been well drained and washed to eliminate any of the canning liquid, which may include extra salt or other preservation chemicals.
Can you rinse syrup off canned yams?
The ultimate in ease – just open the container, drain and rinse the syrup, and serve hot or cold.
What’s the difference between canned yams and canned sweet potatoes?
Is there a difference between yams and sweet potatoes? No, yams and sweet potatoes are not interchangeable. Yams have tough, dark brown skin that resembles tree bark, and their meat is dry and starchy, similar to a potato. Sweet potatoes have a smooth reddish skin, softer flesh (after cooking), and a sweet taste.
Are canned yams and canned sweet potatoes the same?
Yes, all “yams” are really sweetpotatoes. Most people mistake long, red-skinned sweetpotatoes for yams, but they are really only one of several sweetpotato kinds.
Are yams in a can the same as sweet potatoes?
While they’re sometimes advertised as interchangeable (because to their similar look), yams and sweet potatoes are entirely distinct root crops.
What brings out the flavor of sweet potatoes?
How to Perfectly Season. While sweet potatoes are wonderful with only salt and pepper, a little more spice really brings out the flavor. If you want to add a warming, savory flavor to this dish, consider roasting it with cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.