We all know that the ultimate comfort meal is grilled cheese and tomato soup.
But what happens after the last piece of sandwich has been consumed and there isn’t much soup left?
- What Salad Goes with Tomato Soup? 10 Best Salads
- Wine Pairing for Tomato Soups The Best Wines for Tomato Soups
- Wine Pairing with Grilled Cheese The Best Wines for Grilled Cheese
It’s time to make a dessert that goes wonderfully with your favorite dinner!
See Also: 13 Best Tomatoes for Tomato Soup
- 16 Desserts that Go Well with Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
- 1. Cheesecake
- 2. Cake Pops
- 3. Fruit Salad
- 4. Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 5. Blueberry Crisp
- 6. Apple Pie with Ice Cream
- 7. Peach Melba Parfait
- 8. Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 9. Chocolate Cupcakes
- 10. Cheesecake Bars
- 11. Banana Bread
- 12. Carrot Cake
- 13. Brownies
- 14. Lemon Bars
- 15. Key Lime Pie
- 16. Oatmeal Cookies
- How to Pick a Dessert to Serve with Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
- What Dessert Goes with Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
- What is a good side to have with grilled cheese?
- What to pair with tomato soup?
- Why do Americans eat tomato soup with grilled cheese?
- Is it normal to eat grilled cheese with tomato soup?
- What can I serve with sandwiches besides chips?
- How do you pimp grilled cheese?
- Is it OK to eat tomato soup everyday?
- Why does tomato soup make me feel so good?
- What protein goes good with tomato soup?
- Is grilled cheese and tomato soup good for a cold?
16 Desserts that Go Well with Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Who doesn’t like a delicious grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup?
The greatest aspect is that you can eat it at any time of day.
Also see: What Spices to Use in Tomato Soup: The 11 Best Spices
And, although grilled cheese and tomato soup are excellent on their own, they’re even better with dessert!
Here are my top 16 picks:
Cheesecake is one of my all-time favorites.
I like how it’s creamy and flavorful without being too sugary.
Cheesecake is delicious on its own, but it also goes nicely with grilled cheese and tomato soup since it’s a savory dessert.The sweetness of the tomatoes balances out the saltiness of the cheese, while the sourness of the lemon juice cuts through everything.
Its also easy to make cheesecake at home!
You may use whatever sort of crust you like (I prefer graham cracker), and the filling can be any mix of ingredients you choose.
Also see: 14 Simple Ways to Thicken Tomato Soup
2. Cake Pops
Cake pops are adorable small bites of cake encased in a chocolate or candy shell, making them the ideal sweet treat for someone who enjoys dessert but cannot manage too much sugar at once, such as myself!
Also see: What Soup Pairs With Grilled Cheese? The 11 Best Soups
3. Fruit Salad
Fruit salad is a terrific alternative if you want something nutritious and light after your main course, and it’s simple enough to whip together on the spur of the moment when there’s no place on the table for anything else!
4. Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are always a no-brainer.
They’re sweet enough to balance out the salty elements of the sandwich without overpowering the soup’s flavor.
5. Blueberry Crisp
This dish brings together the finest of both worlds.The sharpness of a blueberry crisp will cut right through the richness of the cheese and creaminess of the soup.
6. Apple Pie with Ice Cream
The apples in this dessert are both sweet and sour, making them an excellent match for both halves of the meal.
Plus, its got ice cream on top!
What could be better than that?
7. Peach Melba Parfait
This parfait is ideal for summer since it is light, fruity, and refreshing.
Of course, if peaches aren’t your thing, you could substitute strawberries or raspberries!
8. Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwiches
The ice cream sandwich has always been a popular favorite, but this variation takes it to the next level!
The strawberry shortcake taste is also ideal for summer!
Add some whipped cream or marshmallows on top of the ice cream before freezing it so that it melts into your mouth as you eat it to make these sandwiches even more luxurious (and much better with cheese and tomato soup!)
9. Chocolate Cupcakes
Chocolate cupcakes are always a crowd-pleaser!
Also see: 19 Chocolate Cupcake Frosting Ideas
They’re simple to prepare and everyone enjoys them.Simply top them with chocolate frosting for an additional special touch!
10. Cheesecake Bars
You dont even need a recipe to make these!
- Simply combine graham crackers, cream cheese, and sugar.
- Bake for approximately ten minutes at 350 degrees, then place in the refrigerator for an hour to cool.
- Then just cut them into squares and serve!
11. Banana Bread
This one requires a bit more effort (you must bake it in a loaf pan), but it is definitely worth it!
- Simply mash ripe bananas with a fork, add sugar and vanilla extract (optional), and mix until they resemble cake batter.
- Then stir in the flour and baking soda until well combined; pour into a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour, or until golden brown on top.
- Let cool before serving with your soup.
12. Carrot Cake
Nothing screams “satisfying meal” quite like carrot cake!
The cake itself is rich and thick, with a generous amount of carrots blended in for taste and structure.
Grilled cheese and tomato soup is a classic.
But what if you want to kick it up a notch?
Brownies are the ideal dessert to accompany this entrée.
The rich chocolate taste of the brownie complements the creamy tomato soup well, while the crispy edges of the grilled cheese offer a salty flavor that ties everything together.
14. Lemon Bars
Lemon bars go well with grilled cheese and tomato soup because they offer an acidic tang that cuts through any greasiness from too much dairy without making you feel like you’re eating something too rich or heavy to complete your meal.
Plus,who doesnt love lemon?
15. Key Lime Pie
This traditional pie goes well with grilled cheese and tomato soup because the tangy lime flavor balances out the salty taste of the cheese and the savory tastes of the soup.
It also has a creamy flavor that can soothe any spice burn in your throat caused by eating too much grilled cheese!
16. Oatmeal Cookies
Oatmeal cookies are another excellent option for matching with grilled cheese and tomato soup since they have a lot of texture (think: crunchy oats), making them filling enough to eat on their own yet soft enough not to get caught in your teeth.
How to Pick a Dessert to Serve with Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Eating grilled cheese with tomato soup is a classic, but deciding which dessert to serve with it may be difficult.
Here are some considerations:
- Think about if you want a sweet or savory dessert:Because grilled cheese and tomato soup has a savory taste, if you want anything sweet, make sure it complements the other flavors. If you’re serving honey-glazed ham with your grilled cheese and tomato soup, pair it with apple pie or blueberry cobbler.
- Think about if you want something lighter or heavier than what is already on the table:If your grilled cheese and tomato soup seem substantial on their own, try serving something light with your lunch, such as chocolate mousse or key lime pie.
- Consider Your Time: If your guests are arriving late in the evening and will not be dining until much later, you may not want to spend much time creating dessert. Try making cookies or brownies; they’ll be done in no time!
- Consider Your Budget: There is no law that says you have to provide dessert at every meal (or even at all), but if you want something easy and affordable to serve with this dinner, consider pie filling.
- Consider Your Guests’ Preferences:If you have guests who aren’t great lovers of either sweet or savory items, forgo the dessert and offer espresso instead.
What Dessert Goes with Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
- Cake Pops
- Fruit Salad
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Crisp
- Apple Pie with Ice Cream
- Peach Melba Parfait
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Cheesecake Bars
- Banana Bread
- Carrot Cake
- Lemon Bars
- Key Lime Pie
- Oatmeal Cookies
- Pick any dessert from this list.
- Prepare the ingredients in the order specified in the recipe.
- Serve it alongside your delicious meal!
What is a good side to have with grilled cheese?
What Goes With Grilled Cheese?
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Side Dishes.
Salad with Caprese.
Wedges of potatoes.
Rings of Onion.
Shrimp with Garlic Butter.
Fries made from corn.
Chips made from potatoes.
Salad with Greek flavors.
What to pair with tomato soup?
18 Must-Try Tomato Soup Pretzel Toppings!
Goldfish® Crackers by Pepperidge Farm.
The sour cream.
Why do Americans eat tomato soup with grilled cheese?
Lorena Howell invented the first grilled cheese sandwich in the 1920s. She was attempting to prepare a fast and simple meal for her husband and children. She cooked two pieces of bread with cheese and tomato soup between them. It was a hit with the family, and it rapidly became a favourite lunchtime option.
Is it normal to eat grilled cheese with tomato soup?
Grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup are a traditional and popular combo, similar to bacon and eggs and burgers and fries.
What can I serve with sandwiches besides chips?
15 Best Sandwich Side Dishes You Should Try
Soup with grilled cheese and tomatoes.
Salad with fruits.
Potato chips created from scratch.
BBQ Sandwich with pulled pork and baked beans.
Fries made with sweet potatoes.
Salad with macaroni.
Chili with grilled cheese.
How do you pimp grilled cheese?
Greens such as spinach, broccoli rabe, or arugula may provide a fresh flavor to the dish while also cutting through the richness of the cheese. A grilled cheese with gooey cheese and dense bread may quickly become too rich. Adding leafy greens and other vegetables to your sandwich might help it to be more balanced.
Is it OK to eat tomato soup everyday?
In general, eating tomato soup in moderation is safe and healthful. If you’re attempting to cut down on salt, it’s crucial to keep an eye on the sodium level of your soup. Some products employ additional salt or preservatives, which may drastically increase the sodium level.
Why does tomato soup make me feel so good?
Immune system booster
Because of its carotenoid and vitamin C concentration, a warm cup of tomato soup may help you feel better while you’re sick.
What protein goes good with tomato soup?
There are several proteins that go nicely with tomato soup. Chicken, beef, hog, and lamb are among the most popular. These proteins may be prepared in a number of ways, including grilling, baking, or roasting. Tomato soup with grilled cheese are akin to peanut butter and jelly.
Is grilled cheese and tomato soup good for a cold?
One of the greatest is also one of the most traditional: grilled cheese with soup. The combination may soothe a sore throat, relax a stomach, and offer much-needed carbs to a body that is in desperate need of energy.